Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been avoiding any and all prospecting in Mexico after my last encounter with some narcos in Durango...I have heard that things have gotten much worse with the zetas, it is my best guess that the Sinaloa Cartel is still in charge of said area...If it were not for the old Mexican Don who took me to the area, I might have been pushing up daisies in said remote area...So I don't think that anyone can get me to return to what I consider my version of Tayopa in Durango anytime soon...Oh well...Maybe it is for the best...

Maybe one day some courageous prospector with bigger cajones than I will stumble on said area...But I doubt that will happen anytime soon...

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
John (Ed) it is good to see you posting again, had wondered what happened to you. Not sure where you got such a bad impression of treasure hunters though.

Don Jose el Tropical Tramp - any progress to report on your book? Not to push you, I know you have had plenty on your plate, just curious.

Please do continue;
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John (Ed) it is good to see you posting again, had wondered what happened to you. Not sure where you got such a bad impression of treasure hunters though.

Don Jose el Tropical Tramp - any progress to report on your book? Not to push you, I know you have had plenty on your plate, just curious.

Please do continue;

Well Oro...I had fallen off of the face of the Earth...Seeing that the Earth is flat...lol

Anywho...I have a very bad impression of treasure hunters due to some very bad experiences with such...Who may claim to be treasure hunters...Mainly a shady assayer who once did business in Sacramento, CA...Whom I call Soapy Smith the Second...lol...And a few others...

It is nice to see you posting again Oro...I hope you and Beth are doing well...And maybe you can get Don Jose to start posting some of his yarns again...

Ed T:tongue3:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Well Oro...I had fallen off of the face of the Earth...Seeing that the Earth is flat...lol

Anywho...I have a very bad impression of treasure hunters due to some very bad experiences with such...Who may claim to be treasure hunters...Mainly a shady assayer who once did business in Sacramento, CA...Whom I call Soapy Smith the Second...lol...And a few others...

It is nice to see you posting again Oro...I hope you and Beth are doing well...And maybe you can get Don Jose to start posting some of his yarns again...

Ed T:tongue3:

I hate when that happens, falling off the edge of the world. We are well, hope you and the Mrs are doing well too. I will try to nudge Don Jose into some more stories, and in the meantime perhaps you might be willing to share a few of your own?

Please do continue;

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate when that happens, falling off the edge of the world. We are well, hope you and the Mrs are doing well too. I will try to nudge Don Jose into some more stories, and in the meantime perhaps you might be willing to share a few of your own?

Please do continue;

She too is doing well Oro...

I do not have many stories to share Oro...I have not been doing a whole heck of a lot since my last ban...And said encounter with the narcos in Durango...

I have not even taken my trip to Reno to search for diamonds...lol...Life has been rather monotonous...

Maybe one day I can talk a certain person into taking an extended vacation down South...There are still a couple of treasure tales that have caught my attention down there...There are two that I believe may be much safer to explore...One involving some artifacts and such near Los Mochis and a supposed rich lost mine near Hermosillo...

Who knows? I hope that I can talk said person into spending some time in Hermosillo...I have been semi retired for some time and receiving disability payments that I believe could sustain a search for either of the two above mentioned prospects...I guess that only time will tell...

I hope Don Jose is doing much better than I...

I am currently going through some uncomfortable tooth pain and am in the need of at least two root canals and a few crowns... :( ...I really don't want to break down and have the teeth pulled...I love eating a nice medium rare steak too much...rofl...We'll just have to wait and see...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
She too is doing well Oro...

I do not have many stories to share Oro...I have not been doing a whole heck of a lot since my last ban...And said encounter with the narcos in Durango...

I have not even taken my trip to Reno to search for diamonds...lol...Life has been rather monotonous...

Maybe one day I can talk a certain person into taking an extended vacation down South...There are still a couple of treasure tales that have caught my attention down there...There are two that I believe may be much safer to explore...One involving some artifacts and such near Los Mochis and a supposed rich lost mine near Hermosillo...

Who knows? I hope that I can talk said person into spending some time in Hermosillo...I have been semi retired for some time and receiving disability payments that I believe could sustain a search for either of the two above mentioned prospects...I guess that only time will tell...

I hope Don Jose is doing much better than I...

I am currently going through some uncomfortable tooth pain and am in the need of at least two root canals and a few crowns... :( ...I really don't want to break down and have the teeth pulled...I love eating a nice medium rare steak too much...rofl...We'll just have to wait and see...

I hear ya amigo, and can empathize on tooth pains too. I spent a small fortune on choppers trying to save them and all the fun pain that went with it, don't regret going to dentures one bit and can again eat steak.

I suspect that you have some adventures that you could share if you liked, it would be appreciated too. A prospector cannot help but have some real life adventures*** especially down south in Old Mexico.

Please do continue amigos, keep 'em coming!
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

***Adventure - by the Patrick F. McManus definition, being an experience, that when you are in the middle of it, you wonder how in H-LL you will ever get OUT of it!

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just popping in at the request of our beloved Tropical Tramp, Don Jose, to let everyone know all is well ( aside from some continuing technical difficulties )....and he will soon return to grace us all with more tales of Tayopa. Meanwhile, we are on our own....

..... Batter up!

:coffee2:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ditlihi.......very happy to hear that Señor Don Jose is OK.......
We need him back here soon though..........time of him to consider a new computer...

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cavalry is down with the flu, but coffee is poured....Welcome home, Jefe...

coffee-animated-gif-9.gif

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, you don’t owe us anything.
We, simply, missed you.

But any of those subjects, would be just fine.

#/;0{>~

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything but cannibals tonite, please.....my beverage of choice this evening is Nyquil, and it always gives me bad dreams. :coffee:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Anything but cannibals tonite, please.....my beverage of choice this evening is Nyquil, and it always gives me bad dreams. :coffee:

Had we a fire near the woodline it occurred near years ago ,I have an unsettling personal Wendigo story that might cure flu. Though it can cause leakage.
Not willing to subject it to publication. Lest the fragments of my once stellar (?) credibility be subjected to scrutiny.
Bad dreams while awake are the worst , if that is any consolation for those during sleep.

Rest well! Get well.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had we a fire near the woodline it occurred near years ago ,I have an unsettling personal Wendigo story that might cure flu. Though it can cause leakage.
Not willing to subject it to publication. Lest the fragments of my once stellar (?) credibility be subjected to scrutiny.
Bad dreams while awake are the worst , if that is any consolation for those during sleep.

Rest well! Get well.

And...thank you for opening THAT door in my subconscious, RC. :tongue3:

You now owe me an in depth discussion on your experience....AFTER I recover. :whip2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dit’ I noticed several years ago, that the commercials for that “beverage of choice “, always showed folks taking it, while seated on their beds... That stopped the unexplained waking up on the floor in the kitchen.

#/;0{>~

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit’ I noticed several years ago, that the commercials for that “beverage of choice “, always showed folks taking it, while seated on their beds... That stopped the unexplained waking up on the floor in the kitchen.

#/;0{>~

I thought that was the tequila.

Which reminds me.....how much tequila goes in the mashed potatoes again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread