Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gent's men. Just because I am tooked doesn't mean that I have stopped appreciating Feminine beauty, such as Amy's.

Well, that just means that you are still alive. However, my "El Tigre" will occasionally snarl at me when I am simply attempting to appreciate (someone else's) Feminine beauty. Just trying to protect you, Don Jose.

JB

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those of us, that are ugly as home made soap, washing' up just dullness the finish and diminishes the manliness.

#/;0):=

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For those of us, that are ugly as home made soap, washing' up just dullness the finish and diminishes the manliness.

Agreed. We are vulnerable enough without removing the protective layer of varnish/dirt from ourselves.
Besides it keeping mosquito's and cooties from biting us and providing a modicum of sun protection as well.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to my knowledge Amy luv, , but it would have only been a matter of time since they had close ties to the Vatiican throuh Carlottos father, who was the king of Belgium and were starting a projected RR branch to the vicinity of the sierra Obscuro which means that they had maps or informartion.

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Amen brother - and besides, we don't want to waste perfectly good water by tainting it with soap and our protective layers!

Don Jose - absolutely, the mule sweat serves as a very powerful and potent flea-repellent. Same as horse sweat! :thumbsup: Besides, many of the ladies do love the horses, so smelling like one probably is a bonus! :laughing7:

Also absolutely the French were planning to open up Tayopa, hence the planned railroad directly to it. Supposedly they had a map showing the exact locations, as well as the location of El Naranjal. French troops were seen in local villages in the area where Naranjal is supposed to be too, which may indicate that they were already scouting out the location for the RR route to pass.

Luckily the French pulled out, in large part due to the direct threat of intervention by a 50,000 man army being assembled in Texas, under none other than General George Armstrong Custer! See amigo - and you did not think Custer was linked to Tayopa in any way? His presence in Texas along with a large army, helped protect it from being exploited by Napoleon III and Maximilian, saving it for YOU! :tongue3: Strange no?

Please do continue, and may I request that we get away from this frightening talk of BATHS! <shudder - horrors!>

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose you might find this story from 1909 rather curious?

Barrier Miner  Friday 13 August 1909, page 7.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality newspaper story. It tells of a rich silver mine the French had knowledge of in Sonora. Removing 42 million in Silver in calculated at 1909 prices. It was rediscovered in 1909 with 1 million dollars worth of mined silver ore stored in the tunnel by some Americans. It does not take too much of a guess who was behind that discovery?

Amy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amy, Since it was a silver mine, and it's richness, it quite possibly could have been Tayopa, or one of the surrounding mines. There were reported to be 18 within some 1000 meters. all at the Limestone interface.

GRACIAS AMY.

P..S. To produce 42,000,000 in silver in the time the French were active in Mexico, it had to be one of the Tayopa group, premined, stockpiled. The Jesuits had already sent the bulk on to the Caballos in NM, although they also had an equal amount stored at Tayops,

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amy luv, there is no need to appologize for something that is not your fault - the newspaper reproduction for the files, their files, is horrible

The Quintera mines Here in Alamos were in production at that time. The owner, Chato Almada, was a French sympathizer and was eventually executed while fleeing. before his execution, he had stocked a cave up in the mt with enough rifles and equipment etc, to equip a company of French sympathizers, I have a general knowledge ot the location of ths cave. Long story here, but very interesting.

Chato & the Quintera mine are famous for his laying a path of silver bars from his home in front of the Church, to the Chursh because a rainstorm haad muddied the street so she could'nt walk to the Church without soiling her wedding gown.

I also have some of her wedding gift of dishes from Le Moine, France, with her name in the porcelin.

The quntera mine is the only mine capable of poducing that amount of silver, but it's production is accounted for.The only conclusion that I can come to is Yes, that was from one of theTayopa mines.

The main depository is still intact since a Jesuit priest was actively looking for something in the area around the turn of the centuy, an area devoid of any Population, when he fell to his death from the Hill of the Cura and no activity has been handed down on a salvage - ex 1500 bars of silver, 650 mule loads of Gold+, etc..- that amount of acivity would certainly have been noticed, so I have reason to believe that it stil intact., and not the bars that were discovered..

The French were involved in Mexico for only a limited time, so they must have taken the maps from the Vatican and gone almost directly to the complex -- and never returned them. Where are they today ????

It is beginning to look as if you have found some of the elusive data on Tayopa, I wish that it could have been followed up. sigh.

( I wasnt referring to you, you have done a wonderful job)

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
This just needs to be said.

AMY IS AWESOME!!

#/;0):-

Ditto! :thumbsup: Thank you Amy for posting that article!

Don Jose el Tropical Tramp wrote
The quntera mine is the only mine capable of poducing that amount of silver, but it's production is accounted for.The only conclusion that I can come to is Yes, that was from one of theTayopa mines.

I must respectfully disagree amigo, the article names the district which is not one that I am familiar with, nor have I ever run across that name (HabiXXXXX?) in reference to Tayopa. It sounds like this is an entirely different mine.

Please do continue,

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't tell anyone, but I have some important trees that are less than 200 years old. Ssssooooo.
That opens a door that was previously closed!
Oh @rap!... More questions moving in. Getting hard to breathe..
#/;0@:-

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro, that name doesn't ring a memory bell, it is too blurry. It is not one of the originl Tayopa group names,but it possiblly could be that the French renamed one of theTayopa mines such as Los Remedios. or Santo Nino, which is just next to Tayopa. If the name was clearer we could check it out in the Mining office etc

:coffee2::coffee2:

View attachment distance of the mines from Tayopa itself.jpg 3NPO map.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread