What's new

Mitates , nutting , grinding or paint dishes

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me hear some opinions haha
 

Attachments

  • image-2448526628.webp
    image-2448526628.webp
    76.5 KB · Views: 131
  • image-3368182322.webp
    image-3368182322.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image-228403293.webp
    image-228403293.webp
    50 KB · Views: 124
  • image-3559454136.webp
    image-3559454136.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2365512478.webp
    image-2365512478.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image-1552435983.webp
    image-1552435983.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image-4217970890.webp
    image-4217970890.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image-2057450320.webp
    image-2057450320.webp
    48.6 KB · Views: 131
  • image-3287202036.webp
    image-3287202036.webp
    33 KB · Views: 139
  • image-4188350367.webp
    image-4188350367.webp
    45.2 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
Jon do you want some Dover flint ?
 
This is limestone and other natural rocks I believe could of been utilized, found on sites ..... Just my opinion haha but honestly thanks for all opinions friends

I find the ones similar to the one on the very left. Don't know if they are artifacts, but I keep them anyway :)
 
I would keep them . Your area is almost identical to mine . Every area has different traits. I believe 100% these were used why wouldn't they I can see the mining marks so they did hold the rock . But givin the fact pictures are not the best way to examine a piece so I myself am going to stick to posting the more obvious pieces ... Thank everyone for your replies ;)HH
 
This is my last post on this thread..but have you considered the possibility that the marks you call mining marks are nothing more than impact fractures from removing that material to get to the good stuff?
If the divot was ever used..natural or not..there would be grinding and Peck marks all over it.
I don't see that in any of them.
An irregular indent..would wind up round just from use..there would be evidence of use.
If your mind was made up..why did you ask for opinions?
Just don't get that part.
Just chatting bro.. it is what it is.
Happy hunting.
 
Last edited:
You got it boss heck rocks don't go bad and I got plenty of room for super large rock garden ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom