What's new

Mods need to do something...

I've been on the receiving end of this. Actually waiting to get my laptop back to delete my account ... Can't seem to do this from the app. I posted a relic I found on one forum .. When we couldn't figure out what it was I posted it again.. Apparently this was an unwritten law that sent some members over the edge, lol.
My second thread got so ugly and abusive, we deleted it. Then it dragged onto the old thread and it continued. I no longer feel comfortable posting any of my finds after having the Iron bracket thing I found repeatedly called junk ( not sure if i'd consider a hand forged possibly 200 year old bracket " junk") . Worst of all has been the attacks on my appearance , it being dragged into every argument . As if it matters what I look like. Not to mention the pm's I've gotten regarding my looks. Just ridiculous .
And it's not just me, I've seen so much rudeness and insinuated Insults slung around.
I'd figure out how to ignore people from the app, but at this point it's getting stupid how many I'd have to ignore. And I don't see an end to it. Not for me anyway . I don't know if it's cause I'm a woman and won't take the rudeness lying down ....but whatever it is, I seem to be a magnet for this stuff on here.
 
T Hunter can you clear up for me please exactly what part is the illegal part ?
because the way i see it , people all have different ideas of what to do with the finds , and if and when * crosses fingers * i find a really nice find i would value all input.
And i agree that i would not want the person that does not agree with my point of view badgering me over and over to do what is right in there mind .
and again i am being 100% open and honest here , not being a smart ass, i just am not clear on what part you are saying is illegal .
the comments telling ppl what to do or the repeating it over and over ?
 
Last edited:
T Hunter can you clear up for me please exactly what part is the illegal part ?
because the way i see it , people all have different ideas of what to do with the finds , and if and when * crosses fingers * i find a really nice find i would value all input.
And i agree that i would not want the person that does not agree with my point of view badgering me over and over to do what is right in there mind .
and again i am being 100% open and honest here , not being a smart ass, i just am not clear on what part you are saying is illegal .
the comments telling ppl what to do or the repeating it over and over ?

When members start attacking and telling members what they should do with a find, implying members are being dishonest, greedy, or any other derogatory comments concerning a find.... Getting on a soap box about how they would handle it if they found item.

Not talking about a member asking what he should do, but rather unsolicited hostile comments on what 'they" think should be done with find....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
ty for the reply , and your comment is pretty much how i feel about it also .:icon_thumleft:
 
And my opinion is, This is a forum and everyone is entitled to his opinion. I only try to return Class rings because it is like a piece of the persons past I think they earned. I also returned IDed items like wallets with ID card. That's it. What some of the hunters haven't learned yet is when you find something good, you put it in your pocket and walk away. You don't hold it in the air and do a happy dance. I once found a heavy wedding band on the beach and a guy that had been watching me came over and said, You found MY wedding band. I held it up and looked inside and said, Tell me the inscription and I will give it to you. He turned around and walked away. I had called his bluff. By the way, there was no inscription. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
And my opinion is, This is a forum and everyone is entitled to his opinion. I only try to return Class rings because it is like a piece of the persons past I think they earned. I also returned IDed items like wallets with ID card. That's it. What some of the hunters haven't learned yet is when you find something good, you put it in your pocket and walk away. You don't hold it in the air and do a happy dance. I once found a heavy wedding band on the beach and a guy that had been watching me came over and said, You found MY wedding band. I held it up and looked inside and said, Tell me the inscription and I will give it to you. He turned around and walked away. I had called his bluff. By the way, there was no inscription. Frank...

View attachment 780694

I did the same thing when someone tried to claim a ring, he said it was his wife's, ring was maybe a size 6, his wife was all of 300 lbs, I looked inside ring and said " what does inscription say, he said he had forgotten what he had engraved in it, but let him look at it and he could identify it.

I asked you sure you don't remember inscription, he said no, he just remembered having it inscribed....

I said well your ring is still missing, this one has no inscription...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
And then there are the members who post comments laced with sarcasm and dripping with contempt.... Let me see if I can find one ....( oh there is one ) ;), lol.
Now these members are the same ones who when confronted by a moderator will say .. " I didnt say anything about anyone... I merely stated blah blah blah" Sure , right..... No , they merely gave attitude , where no attitude was due, and try to hide it .. Instead of being upfront and Acting like a grown up
Edit** I wrote this comment to someone who left a rude comment and has since deleted it.
 
Last edited:
Our job is to moderate all forums, Ryaan has a valid point, do not attack him over it..



Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Our job is to moderate all forums, Ryaan has a valid point, do not attack him over it..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sure Absolutely , the point is very valid. The sarcasm was not . I figured im waiting to get deleted here... I might as well stick up for somebody That was getting The kinda crap I was
 
Wait!! My post wasn't To Ryan! It was standing up to somebody that left a rather rude comment and I see now it's gone. Let me be clear ... That comment was not To the guy who wrote tbis thread !
 
Ooops wrong thread!

O.K. No problem

 
Last edited:
More like Dazed and Confused.... Lol .. I'm just gonna shut up
 
Last edited:
My fairness alarm has gone off in regards to this thread.
I agree with what the OP is saying but in all fairness it's not any different than what I've heard all my life.
Ever since I read my first treasure magazine articles of these hunters finding a gold ring and.......
"We always return the ring to the owner without any reward to promote the hobby."
Since day one on this forum (I've been here since 2003 - second account) it has been TOTALLY accepted to get on a soapbox and tell people to seek out the owner and return the ring without a reward.
No different than I've heard people preach in my 30 years of detecting.
Yet, I've been treated poorly on my last three ring returns and will NOT waste my time and energy anymore. That gold gets scrapped.
People have ruined it for me and I will no longer seek out owners. If someone asks me to find their ring, I will CHARGE them for my services.
I am a professional and my time is valuable to me.
I save and document thousands of historical items but have no love for coins, jewelry and other modern collectibles.
Those things help pay my gas and time off from making real money at work.
I can't keep everything that I find so I decide what's important and what I can let go of.
The last gold ring I posted here, it was suggested a few times that I track down the descendents of this 140 year old ring and return it to them.
Hey, if someone wants to go through genealogy records, spend the time and make this gesture, I think that's pretty cool.
Suggesting this because you do it is one thing but when it's preached, then people are going to react.
What I'm saying Ryan is your issue is nothing new. It has always been that way for lost jewelry.
I always give landowners something cool even though it wasn't required and show them what I found.
But if I find a gold ring at a park or beach that puppy gets sold.
I've had a few good return stories years ago but most times it was a swift kick in the ass.
I'm sure I could trust again and maybe missing chances for a great recovery story with tears and all that.
But the way the world is heading people really don't care or think to show appreciation.
It's almost like they feel entitled to have you return their ring. Like it's our duty or something.
I still help a lot of people. Somethings I just stopped doing.
Cheers,
Dave.
 
I've been on the receiving end of this. Actually waiting to get my laptop back to delete my account ... Can't seem to do this from the app. I posted a relic I found on one forum .. When we couldn't figure out what it was I posted it again.. Apparently this was an unwritten law that sent some members over the edge, lol.
My second thread got so ugly and abusive, we deleted it. Then it dragged onto the old thread and it continued. I no longer feel comfortable posting any of my finds after having the Iron bracket thing I found repeatedly called junk ( not sure if i'd consider a hand forged possibly 200 year old bracket " junk") . Worst of all has been the attacks on my appearance , it being dragged into every argument . As if it matters what I look like. Not to mention the pm's I've gotten regarding my looks. Just ridiculous .
And it's not just me, I've seen so much rudeness and insinuated Insults slung around.
I'd figure out how to ignore people from the app, but at this point it's getting stupid how many I'd have to ignore. And I don't see an end to it. Not for me anyway . I don't know if it's cause I'm a woman and won't take the rudeness lying down ....but whatever it is, I seem to be a magnet for this stuff on here.

I really will hate to see you go. You are one of the few people here, that have interesting finds on a regular basis, and they will be greatly be misses.
Happy hunting in the future,

Bill
 
These are the rules it falls immediately under...........

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."

"All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."
 
These are the rules it falls immediately under...........

"Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone."

"All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."
unless they hunt cemetaries without permission! LOL
 
I am sorry this post caused to much confusion. It was a last ditch effort to curb some of the things I see that I know are pushing people away from this site, myself included. I thought I was pretty fair in my address of the situation and was not trying to offend anyone. I have been coming here for a LONG time and still want to come here. A mod has addressed my concerns and given us a proper path to follow when these activities are going on. Can't ask any more of the mods and that is the proudest I have been of them in a long time on this site.

On the metal detecting front, waiting to send my AT PRO in to Garrett for some work, anyone familiar with the cost? It came with a blank warranty card and since I never had issues with garrett machines EVER in the past I didnt fill it out.
 
:laughing9:All i can say this thread sure kept the blood flowing..............:laughing7:...:laughing9:...:laughing7:....:laughing9:
 
I am sorry this post caused to much confusion. It was a last ditch effort to curb some of the things I see that I know are pushing people away from this site, myself included. I thought I was pretty fair in my address of the situation and was not trying to offend anyone. I have been coming here for a LONG time and still want to come here. A mod has addressed my concerns and given us a proper path to follow when these activities are going on. Can't ask any more of the mods and that is the proudest I have been of them in a long time on this site.

On the metal detecting front, waiting to send my AT PRO in to Garrett for some work, anyone familiar with the cost? It came with a blank warranty card and since I never had issues with garrett machines EVER in the past I didnt fill it out.

Ryaan
You have been posting a long time. When you start a thread or post a find no one likes their thread hi-jacked. I know that I don't care for it. I have not had any problems with my AtPro I just kept my receipt in the box just in case. I am excited to try this machine in some water hunts in the creeks this year. I think if you kept your receipt that would be like the start of the warranty. :dontknow: Good luck on the repair and be sure to post back how it went.
Have a good season.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom