Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yah, it is true what Thommy said, I have been to 'Ja-land' and it is goot.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holly_Squirrel.... Just a quick HI to all my friends. Take care, Holly. (couldn't leave a message on your profile so I left it here, sorry). Terry

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is an old saying, Only the good die young. Maybe that's why the older ones are so rough. Hay, I am 75. lol Frank...

Slow Go-1_edited-1.jpg Hay, they live over 100 years if a car doesn't squash them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holly_Squirrel.... Just a quick HI to all my friends. Take care, Holly. (couldn't leave a message on your profile so I left it here, sorry). Terry

Please remember TN does not allow proxy....Saying hi for someone is okay, relaying messages other than greetings is not....:icon_thumright:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been reading posts here for a long time. And the last few years I have noticed a trend.

Someone finds something nice, like the CW ID ring in the banner. The first page or two is the normal congrats/banner vote posts. Then it turns into a crapfest. People telling the guy to give it to the family, people telling the guy to do this, do that. 7 pages of nonsense for the most part.

This also is happening on posts where someone finds something that is worth money. People chiming in about what the guy should do as far as the land owner is concerned. There is one post in particular where the poster stated that the land owners told him to keep everything. Is that good enough??? Not for some people, because they still keep posting, telling him what they would do in his place....blah blah blah..

It is time for these types of posts to get the same treatment as posts that call an items authenticity into question. They clutter up the forum and add nothing positive to the discussion.

It is no ones business what someone does with a find. Why are moderators allowing this behavior to go on?

What is all of this? then your sig says banks need to turn away coin roll hunters... that certainly drips of hypocrisy . I don't coin roll hunt, but I don't bash it either. ???:BangHead:

Last edited:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was kinda curious why the banks should turn away coin hunters....just sayin...maybe a thread for that debate ?

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Banks turn CRHers away? Why would anyone want to champion that idea. The whole CRH thing is an exercise in diminishing return. There is no more silver coins being minted. At some point the amount of silver found through this exercise will reach a point where it isn't worth the time invested. And, I might add that the very people that do it come on forums like this and announce to the world there success so there are now thousand of people involve in sucking the loose silver out of circulation. The banks don't need to turn them away. They'll go away on their own. And judging from the number of people now involve, that will be soon.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the few who had to resort to my sig to find something to complain about. After seeing and reading about CRH who deface coins just to further their own profits I came upon that decision. And the fact that I had to draw that distinction out in crayon for you speaks volumes.

Last edited:

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does defacing coins further profits. If your talking about the melt of silver coinage the federal government encourages and license it. The sooner all those pesky silver coins are gone the better is their view. I guess you may not realize that within the next 20 years there will be no metal in US coinage. The coins you may have in your pocket will be declared obsolete and no longer accepted as currency. They will merely be collectors items. But silver will always be silver no matter what the feds say.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To the few who had to resort to my sig to find something to complain about. After seeing and reading about CRH who deface coins just to further their own profits I came upon that decision. And the fact that I had to draw that distinction out in crayon for you speaks volumes.

Just another hater you are. As yoda would say

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oh yeah I can't believe people get on here and bash other people's finds i am sick of it.... By the way coin roll hunters should be unable to do what they enjoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread