What's new

Morgan Silver Dollars

hit80s

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2007
Messages
421
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I have quite a few morgans i would trade for 90% halves please pm if interested
 
Upvote 0
tim2357 said:
Why? aren't they both 90% ???


Yes they are 90%, but they weigh a little more than 2-90% halves together weigh.

But the big difference is that the old silver dollars carry a premium over their melt, unlike almost all halves.

I assume the poster wants to increase the number of silver ounces he is holding by letting go of the higher premium silver dollars in exchange for junk 90% halves.

Jim
 
I would be intrested PM me or email me with more details. IE what you want and what years you have.
 
It depends on the condition of the Morgans. Many are only worth whatever the silver price is. They are also less than 1oz. Now, if you have GSA CC Morgans in their original packaging, we are talking some nice cash! :headbang: They are a nice coin!
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
It depends on the condition of the Morgans. Many are only worth whatever the silver price is.


I would have to disagree. In my local area, coin dealers want 4 bucks or so over MELT for cull Morgans (melt is currently 11.75 per Coinflation).

Even on Apmex, they want over 3 bucks over melt for "worse than cull".

http://www.apmex.com/Category/987/Other_US_Silver_Coins.aspx

Jim
 
Morgan dollar weighs: 26.73 grams
Silver Half weighs: 12.5 grams
Silver quarter weighs: 6.25 grams
 
This is not his first rodeo guys and dolls.
 
He offered me 1 Morgan in return for 8 quarters and told me it was a "good deal"..

26.73 grams in exchange for 50 grams.... "good deal"?
 
Jim You said just what I did. They are not worth much. If they are slabbed they are. If they are GSA CC Morgans they are worth hundreds each!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello2:
 
Depends on condition of the Morgans. I would trade 8 circ. sil quarters for a BU common date pre-21 Morgan.
 
Depends on the area , the so called "junk" morgans in my area [coin shows\dealers] go for about 16 to 21 dollars. Not that im timing the market but i did notice the price for them doesnt fluctuate with the market like halves do.
 
At the show I attended 2 weeks ago, junk silver dollars were at $17. ffd
 
Like I said, Chump change compared to a high quality GSA, CC, Morgan. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :tongue3:
 
nyiangelo said:
I offered $13 and it was too low.

I offered that price because I can buy them all day for $13-15. I guess it depends on your source.
 
For $2 in silver quarters I would want the Morgans to be AU/BU common coins.

Maine_Jim
 
I think he's been talking about melt value... I haven't been able to get him to post any Morgan's and until he does, I will only assume that they are in "Good" shape ... at best. Why won't you post a picture?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom