Movie Theatre Token

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After almost a month break I'm starting to get back out. Fall is here and the weeds are starting to die. It's almost time to revisit some spots that were grown over from earlier this year.

I found this cool movie theatre token on a hillside.
Screenshot_2017-09-21-06-38-14.png
Screenshot_2017-09-21-06-38-24.png
It says "Will accept this coin as 10c on the purchase of a dollar book of tickets" on the back. Could anyone tell me how old it might be?

I also found a 1922 Pittsburgh Railways Token, 1910 & 1945 Wheaties, and 11 cents in clad. I'm soaking the Railways Token and 1910 penny. I may have an S mint mark on the 1910 or it's corrosion. I'll find out soon.

Thanks for looking. I'll be catching up on all you guys posts from the past month.

Upvote 21
Dont know the age, but when is the last time you were able to get anything at a movie for a $1.00 book of coupons ? Thats a nice token find.

The token is from Bellevue Washington. You may wish to contact the Eastside Heritage Center for assistance:425-450-1049.
If they don't know, you can contact the King (??) county historian through any Bellevue library or the Heritage Center.
Don........

The token is from Bellevue Washington. You may wish to contact the Eastside Heritage Center for assistance:425-450-1049.
If they don't know, you can contact the King (??) county historian through any Bellevue library or the Heritage Center.
Don........
Don--actually, I think the Bellevue, WA attribution is one of many incorrect attributions shown in Erickson's WA Book. The attribution to the Bellevue area of Pittsburgh is far more likely (TC-80778). I'll contact the current WA cataloger who will hopefully straighten out the listings.
John in the Great 208

Cool token with a story, WTG!

Very cool Pittsburgh movie token! It was likely good for three separate Pittsburgh area movie theatres - Bellevue, East End, and Fifth Avenue.

very cool token, hope to see the other one too

Great token and good to see your mug back from summer hibernation. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back