What's new

My 2 tomahawks/tools

DiggerKid2003

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2014
Messages
474
Reaction score
1,105
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago i got started looking for arrowheads and a few years passed and I've grown more into metal detecting. The year or 2 I looked for arrowheads I managed to find plenty of points and 2 tomahawks/tools. Im wondering if the smaller one is still a tomahawk or just a tool of some sort because of its size. Anyways, here are the pictures. 20180120_143121.webp 20180120_143131.webp20180120_143127.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds looks they may both be small chop axes I guess the smaller one could be knife hard to tell the size of it even with the penny for scale , what’s the length and width on it?
 
20180120_145646.webp 20180120_145646.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20180120_145540.webp
    20180120_145540.webp
    3.4 MB · Views: 87
As you can see its pretty small
 

Attachments

  • 20180120_145646.webp
    20180120_145646.webp
    3.6 MB · Views: 96
I would say it’s a knife , if you have time would love to see the points you found too.
 
Ofcourse! Let me get some of my favorites and show them. 20180120_151139.webp20180120_151155.webp 20180120_151314.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20180120_151340.webp
    20180120_151340.webp
    3.7 MB · Views: 87
Nice stuff , I’m in Maryland and find a lot of the same materials and point types you have some nice quartz pieces
 
Nice stuff , I’m in Maryland and find a lot of the same materials and point types you have some nice quartz pieces

Arrow is spot on this guy knows his stuff. Your Ax is probably called a Guilford, you got some nice finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom