What's new

My AT Pro thinks its a pulse machine!

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
2,183
Reaction score
3,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT Pro thinks it's a pulse machine!

I was detecting a home site dating to the late 1700s/early 1800s with my ATP (5X8 coil) when I heard a very faint high tone. I have found a lot of period relics on the site so I proceeded to dig the the target. I dug about 8 inches and probed around with my pinpointer-nothing. Dug some more with no results, but the signal was a little bit louder. Kept digging and pinpointing with the same results.

By now I was determined I was going to recover this target come hell or high water! I got down to about two feet and the signal was loud and clear. I finally uncovered what seemed to be part of the rim of an iron pot, but it wouldn't budge. I kept digging around the rim to find out where it ended but it just kept going.

As it turned out this was a nearly complete dutch oven; other than one hole in the side it is intact including the three legs and both handle lugs. And it was 27 inches deep!

It looked pretty gnarly straight out of the ground but I have done some electrolysis and I can tell it will clean up nicely. I still can't believe how deep that thing was; that's crazy.
 

Attachments

  • 1458915315326.webp
    1458915315326.webp
    101.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 1458915333285.webp
    1458915333285.webp
    122.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 1458915349888.webp
    1458915349888.webp
    112.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 1458915369349.webp
    1458915369349.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 1458915381938.webp
    1458915381938.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 1458915394999.webp
    1458915394999.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 24
Holy cow and aat two feet or more,now don't just fill that hole just plant a tree there. And please don't sell your AT PRO.
 
Cool find, those large relics sure hit hard and deep! Congratualtions on the recovery and preservation.
 
Nice the dig of the pot, it parallels your screen name------------down and dirty.:laughing7::icon_thumleft:
BTW, I hope you don't swing over a buried automobile.
Marvin
 
Next one will be full of coins including a roll of uncurculated 1916d dimes.

Thanks for sharing. HH ALL!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom