My Best Year Ever!! CAPTN_SEs 07 Totals!!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: My Best Year Ever!! CAPTN_SE's '07 Totals!!!

Wow!! That's a lot of diggin and finding Dan. So very impressive and inspiring buddy!!

I have visited this thread several times already to drool over your awesome finds and I will be back to look and dream some more.

Congrats on a fantastic 2007!!! Wooowhooo!!!

Best of luck in 2008.

I can't wait for the spring thaw.
We just got about 10-12 inches of snow yesterday. Uggg :(
So you get out and find some goodies for me OK!!

Smiles!
BDoo

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great stuff!!! You are clearly the Captain!

Glad you made the comeback. This year will be even better I am sure.

Jim

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio

Captain SE,

What a fantastic year!!!!!!!!!!! I want to thank you for helping me out with my machine. It has been paying dividends. I started about Nov. 1st and I have 19 silvers before the year was out. I think I can easily hit 100 in the first year detecting.

Keep your coil in the soil!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Turtleman

Feb 8, 2007
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Minelab Explorer II

Dan,
Absolutely amazing. You have been an inspiration to me. Thanks for being so willing to teach us newbies a few things. I am glad you are recovering physically and getting stronger each day.
I can vouch for Dan's genuine finds as I hit the turf with him this year. He absolutely schooled me, plucking silver using his SE that my Ace 250 could not find (he would let me scan the spot before he dug and my detector didn't signal anything being there).
I am very happy for you Dan and hope 08 is a great year for you as well. Thanks for all you give to the Tnet community.
Turtleman

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes

Great finds and a truly amazing and inspiring story!

Congratulations, and I hope you have a wonderful and safe 2008.

Thanks for sharing!

Lonnie

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)

Dan,

Although we have never met, I always enjoy your posts. Green with envy??? That's an understatement! I only wish I could find a fraction of what your digging. Simply un-freaking-believable!!! You are an inspiration to us all.

Keep swinging and keep digging buddy, 2008 might even be a better year now that your stamina is back in check.

Kindest Regards,

Greg (C2MU)

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

Dan,

Great post and an amazing story. As a rookie MDer, I've followed your posts and was envious of your finds, wishing I had taken up this hobby when I lived in California. I'm glad your health is returning and detecting was your source of inspiration. Maybe you should sell the movie rights ;D ;D

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X

Whoa! What a haul!
That's just an amazing amount of silver Rosies and Mercs!
That Seated Half is AWESOME!
Congrats on the killer year!
Here's to your health ;), and to even more goodies next year! ;D

TBK>

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

A BIG Congrats to you Dan!!

Amazing finds and a great story. Here I thought you were detecting 8 hours a day :D

Even though I'm a generation up from you...YOU...are my inspiration and due to that I really did find my Merc that I so much wanted to find.

We have some additional parallels too (besides both being in Long Beach). I survived a bout of Guillan Barre syndrome in 2006 and it made me weak as a kitten. Through detecting I'm back to about 80% strength also (I just say the slight limp is an old war injury :D)

Keep up the great detecting ... we're watching.

Happy and Healthy and Prosperous New Year, Joe

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dan,
Congrats on your well deserved BANNER!!!!
Awesome finds this year.
Congrats,
Doug

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc

:o :o :o ;D

that is one super pile of silver man you have had a great year congrats on the banner

HH Vrent

Arkie John

Feb 8, 2007
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250; Explorer; Excalibur II
I don't have to tell you: Your treasure is NOT in the jars!

Your health is steadily improving and you have some super friends along the way.

I think that's what this hobby is all about.

Blessings to you and yours for this new year. You're good, I just hope you're not in Arkansas :) Hope to see many more posts in the times to come.

aj

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II

Yes! When I saw you up on the banner that made pretty freakin' happy! Congratulations my friend...

It's been great to watch it all happen firsthand, from that first day at Rec. Park when you were swinging the 6000di (you even got a merc or two that day too!), to learning the Explorer ropes (my claim to fame--I actually showed Dan something!) to all our local haunts and hunts, to San Francisco, Iowa, the Barrio and beyond... It's been a great ride to be a part of. You're truly a great hunter, but more importantly a great person who I'm very proud to call my friend. Always calling or texting to let me know what's going on, never secretive about a new location, always willing to share in the fun of the hunt and the friendship over the competition (although there's always good competition!); it's been a fun, fun year.

Here's looking forward to 2008! I think there's still plenty left... Time to get out there and swinging again!

Attachments

• Dan-Silver.jpg
    Dan-Silver.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 7,150

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+

Truly inspiring story, and thanks for sharing a bit of that personal life with us. Truly, the hobby and your friends played a key role in you getting back to health.

Congrats on a GREAT year!

xlt nh

Jul 28, 2006
Cheshire, Mass
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, DFX 300

Way to go Captain!!! You Da Man!! :D

May '08 Be Just As Great.... :)

HH, Hank 8)

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello Captain ! Congrats on a great year.I hope your health & finds continue to improve in 2008 !

allenb

Oct 15, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

TJ Kid said:
Great job in 07 Dan. Good to see that you are feeling better.

I have one question... After being out of the MD'ing scene for so long. How did you manage to jump back into it and find all these great spots with silver? I can tell ya that I spend hours upon hours researching old camps and whatnot, and while I do very good for the time I get to detect, it seems that I could do more. My silver totals for the year are somehwere around 50 out of my keeper total for the year being around 80. Not to mention all of the buttons and relics. Again... All great finds but dam, the silver seems to jump up and surrender to you. C'mon man, what's your secret??? ;D

Makes me want to fly out to Cali to see how you do it. Maybe I should I trade in my DFX? lol

Jeff

Agreed. Those are some amazing finds, especially from CA as that state isn't terribly old. In Ohio, I hit almost 40 silvers for the year and get out on a regular basis. What are your secrets if you feel up to sharing? You should write a book (laughing)!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

This hobby is not only great for recreation but for you is sounded like the best therapy you could have...Just what the Doctor ordered.Unbelievable find's this year Dan.....Truly incredible and an inspiration for everyone who want's to go out and find mass quantitie's of silver including me.I might even try the "SE SHUFFLE" a time or two.Thank's for sharing and Best Of Luck in 08'...

donny nj

Jan 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BRAVO!!!! WTG Nice Hunting !!!

AWESOME ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread