SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it was a nice and toasty 37 degrees today and I decided to hit a beach and found my BIGGEST find EVER!

My Land Star was working great all day in the wet sand in auto disc mode.

All of a sudden it started overloading. I was confused. I switched to no motion all metal mode and started to try to locate the edge of my signal.. It seemed HUGE so I started digging at the bottom right corner of the signal...

Here is what I found.

Attachments

• chair1.jpg
    chair1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,933
  • chair2.jpg
    chair2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,944
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
looks like oh at least a bucks worth of "scrap" aluminum there :icon_thumright:

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think You need a bigger find pouch. :laughing9:

sodiumrye

Dec 27, 2008
NW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Still swinging my old Garrett master hunter ADS2
Thats a dandy and reminds me of fishing Rochester Fall Mo. Not treasure related but a good fishing story LOL. I was sitting on the falls in a lawn chair flathead fishing when I had a hit and pulled back into one heck of a fight. Rod bent and the fish running from one side to the other and everyone lined along the falls watching my every move. I get him in close to the falls and start my walk to the bank, people having to stand so I could go under thier lines and hearing thier comments on how big they think my fish was. To shortin the story, turns out the heavy current plays hell with retriving a lawn care from the bottom of the hole. That lawn chair still hangs in my garage today :headbang:

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Well wasn't that just the chairy on top of an already great day
:dontknow:

And hey if MD'ing doesn't work out for you you could always be a

Lounge act....... :dontknow:

SCMDing

Jan 4, 2007
Rock Hill, SC
Every time I see the subject of this topic, I think of my first girlfriend.... man, she could have made a living selling shade.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you didn't scratch it. Did you use a probe? ;D

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, At least it was folded.....how deep would you have gone to make sure a wallet wasn't under it?? ha ha. Nice post

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
sodiumrye said:
Thats a dandy and reminds me of fishing Rochester Fall Mo. Not treasure related but a good fishing story LOL. I was sitting on the falls in a lawn chair flathead fishing when I had a hit and pulled back into one heck of a fight. Rod bent and the fish running from one side to the other and everyone lined along the falls watching my every move. I get him in close to the falls and start my walk to the bank, people having to stand so I could go under thier lines and hearing thier comments on how big they think my fish was. To shortin the story, turns out the heavy current plays hell with retriving a lawn care from the bottom of the hole. That lawn chair still hangs in my garage today :headbang:

Hope the taxidermy man didn't have a heart attack when you brought him that one ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread