What's new

My First Bag, and it was a HOME RUN!

dpy52081

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
152
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Island, NY
I have always wanted to get a bag of half dollars from a coin sorting machine, but never had the opportunity. I was dumping my rejects from a box of nickels and maybe $20 in halves in a coin machine at the bank and my small amount of halves filled the bag. I figured another hunted had dumped their rejects into the machine before me. The lady came over to change it, and she said she wasn't surprised it filled because some old lady had come in a few hours before with pillow cases full of coins she had been saving for years. Naturally, my ears perked up and I looked at the bag when the lady from the bank took it out. I could see DOZENS of silver rimmed coins in the bag and I got really excited. I asked the lady if I could buy the bag, and she said no. So i asked for the mgr, explained that I would like the bag and promised not to return the coins back into their machine, and he said yes :)
When i got home to search the bag, each handful of coins yielded some silver. The totals were as follows:

Walkers: 9
Franklins: 10
1964 JFK: 29
40% Clad: 110
NIFC halves (2007 p, d, 2003p)

All in all that $1,000 bag of halves yielded over $1100 in silver :)

I should just stop now, bc I know this is never happening again.....(this week I also got 5 morgan dollars mixed in an envelope with Ikes from a bank, one of which was an 1878cc).
 
Upvote 0
SeaninNH said:
I would cry tears of joy if I hit a score like that.

Congrats!

You should show us a picture of your haul.


I dunno...at my age there might be an issue with bladder control if that was my find! :laughing9:

Bodacious bevy of beauties you have there! :notworthy:
 
I know, I will NEVER have a find this good again, even when I got the free silver at TD bank today it was anticlimactic compared to the bag......... I am chalking it up to beginner's luck, as if the coin gods are suckering me into spending more of my off days canvassing banks only to let me down. Like I say when I play cards, I'd rather be lucky than good :)
 
Congrats on an awesome score and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the pics. :icon_thumleft:
 
That's a great score for the first bag!. Hope there is another one out there for you. Keep at it!....it's out there.
Congratulations
rileyboy
 
I think the 5 Morgans is even more impressive, than the halves. But yes get any more bags from that bank that you can. You may not get it all, but you may get alot more silver, or some nice nickels and cents.
 
Forget age - I just lost bladder control reading this. Way to go!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom