What's new

My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO!

crashbro17x

Full Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to start by telling the story from today:

I took off work today and my father and I decided last night that we had to try this new spot. So we drive up to check it out. It was a small yard, in a subdivision. I would say that the house was built in the early 50's....and it was suppose to be smack in the middle of a civil war camp. Well, we covered the yard pretty quickly due to its size. The only thing I found to any significance was a couple of pocket spills...with a little silver...YES!
Coins.webp


After a couple of hours, daddy looked at me and said "lets go back to that camp where we have been finding all that good stuff for the past month"....Not one to argue with my father, I agreed. We pulled in and I made a B-line right toward the area where I had found the confederate C.S.A button last week. Half way there I got a good signal and decided to dig...mind you, I had literally walked about 50 yards from my truck....

So, I turned the plug of soil over and that's when I could see the back of the plate, in the hole, with the hooks facing up. I called to my dad and told him that I had found a belt plate, but didn't know what yet. He came walking over about the time that I had recovered the plate and flipped it over to see a beautiful C.S.A. on the front of it.....BOY DID I DO A HAPPY DANCE....AND YELL...AND DANCE...AND YELL...AND STOMP...AND OH MY GOODNESS..AND SO ON...!

Here is my first confederate buckle...
Front
csa buckle front.webp

Back
csa buckle back.webp

Here are a few more of my finds from today...
Bucklebullets.webp


This camp has been truly amazing.....Here are the links to the other finds from the camp from the past month!

3-7-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223151.msg1617868.html#msg1617868

3-10-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223817.msg1623893.html#msg1623893

3-15-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,224949.msg1633434.html#msg1633434

3-16-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,225138.msg1635133.html#msg1635133

3-24-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,227057.msg1651657.html#msg1651657

4-2-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,229079.msg1670135.html#msg1670135

Thanks for looking!
 
Upvote 0
Great find! Would love to find one of those!
 
lets see a CW soilders insurance "in case of death" ID tag for his family to get paid for his policy and know his where abouts of his body plus a CSA buckle --and other great CW era stuff -- yep you found a gold mine alright.
 
OUTSTANDING!!!!!! man.. now that is a a plate!!!

BANNER


MB
 
I'll jump on the band wagon and say "BANNER"............. :thumbsup:

Thats such a great find , I'm doing the happy dance also................ :thumbsup: :wav: :wav: :wav:
 
insurance tag info --will not be forth coming from insurance companies * simplly put most did not go under they blended into other companys --taking both assets and libilitys with them -- now what if that tags shows "proof" of a unpaid policy from 1864 ?-- say the family knew the soldier died but not that he had a "policy"-- so no claim was ever put forth by them --- the insurance company can hold the "deadmans" money until such a time that a "rightful legal claim"by his hiers is presented-- so they get to keep the say $100 policy amount in a bank from 1864 to date (2009) over 145 years!! -- say that 100 bucks drew a mere 3% interest per year --after one year its now 103 in one year , then 106.09,then 109.27, then 112.54 ,then 115.92, --thats over 15.92 cents in a mere 5 years the longer it goes on the bigger the amount becomes over time. -- the family has been owed this money since 1864 --plus the gains made off it since then while it sat in "escrow" --and the insurance company very simply doesn't want to pay out the claim .
 
Your pics are not showing up for me, but if that is the same belt plate that is in your avatar, that is a super cool find!! 8)

That one is on many peoples wish list including mine, well maybe one day....

Steve
 
Crash,
What a fantastic buckle find. I'm sure you're STILL in amazement today. :o
It took me three years to find a CW buckle. Congrats.
BANNER!!!!
-MM-
 
oooooooohhhhh brother you are killing me,,,,,,,,,i hope you danced the jig and yelled out loud,,,,,,,,what a sweet find,,,,,,way to go kid,,,,,
 
awesome find, I vote banner!
 
BEAUTIFUL PLATE CRASH......If this one doesn't go BANNER I'm out of here
 
Oh, only your first one huh? :wink: Most people never find one of those in his/her lifetime! Wonderful find. Several members have found those and had them professionally restored and they look beautiful. Don't know if that hurts the value though, so better check first. Monty
 
Awesome finds man!!, keep it up and happy hunting!!
-Dan
 
An amazing find Cody! Banner find for sure! Hang in there with it my friend!
 
Monty said:
Oh, only your first one huh? :wink: Most people never find one of those in his/her lifetime! Wonderful find. Several members have found those and had them professionally restored and they look beautiful. Don't know if that hurts the value though, so better check first. Monty

After you posted I realized how I sounded..lol It may be my only, but I will enjoy it for the rest of my life. Like I've said before, I know people that have hunted for years and never found one.

Thanks to all for the banner nominations!
 
Incredible find!!!!!! I have found a few plain confederate plates like the ovals and clip corners but am still waiting for one of these beauties! Congrats and definitely BANNER! HH - pitdiggers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom