What's new

My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO!

crashbro17x

Full Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to start by telling the story from today:

I took off work today and my father and I decided last night that we had to try this new spot. So we drive up to check it out. It was a small yard, in a subdivision. I would say that the house was built in the early 50's....and it was suppose to be smack in the middle of a civil war camp. Well, we covered the yard pretty quickly due to its size. The only thing I found to any significance was a couple of pocket spills...with a little silver...YES!
Coins.webp


After a couple of hours, daddy looked at me and said "lets go back to that camp where we have been finding all that good stuff for the past month"....Not one to argue with my father, I agreed. We pulled in and I made a B-line right toward the area where I had found the confederate C.S.A button last week. Half way there I got a good signal and decided to dig...mind you, I had literally walked about 50 yards from my truck....

So, I turned the plug of soil over and that's when I could see the back of the plate, in the hole, with the hooks facing up. I called to my dad and told him that I had found a belt plate, but didn't know what yet. He came walking over about the time that I had recovered the plate and flipped it over to see a beautiful C.S.A. on the front of it.....BOY DID I DO A HAPPY DANCE....AND YELL...AND DANCE...AND YELL...AND STOMP...AND OH MY GOODNESS..AND SO ON...!

Here is my first confederate buckle...
Front
csa buckle front.webp

Back
csa buckle back.webp

Here are a few more of my finds from today...
Bucklebullets.webp


This camp has been truly amazing.....Here are the links to the other finds from the camp from the past month!

3-7-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223151.msg1617868.html#msg1617868

3-10-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223817.msg1623893.html#msg1623893

3-15-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,224949.msg1633434.html#msg1633434

3-16-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,225138.msg1635133.html#msg1635133

3-24-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,227057.msg1651657.html#msg1651657

4-2-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,229079.msg1670135.html#msg1670135

Thanks for looking!
 
Upvote 0
hi sir,

awesome buckle. go get more now. :thumbsup:

henry
 
Awesome CSA Buckle !!!!!!!!! WTG :thumbsup:
HH Joe P.S. BANNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I can't believe that this hasn't made the BANNER yet.It would be wrong if this didn't make it
Congrats on a super find one more time :thumbsup:

fortbball9
 
That has been one FINE, PRODUCING, AWESOME site for you and your dad bud :thumbsup: Now, that's a find that over 95% of people detecting today will never find and deserves to be banner! Very pretty C.S.A plate and I would have it professionally straightened by Harry Ridgeway or any of the other fine plate restorers that are in our community.....Its definitely a find worth preserving as best as you can!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Big Congratz on that fine looking CSA Buckle ... that would be a top find for any detectorist!
 
All I can add is..."You did GUD". Congrats on the find. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I've never hunted a civil war site, but I know enough to say "WOOOOHOOO!" as well. Major congrats, I'd love to dig one of those myself.
 
Look's better the second time around....... :thumbsup:
 
Incredible find Crash! BANNER! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I see 21 Banner votes not counting the silent votes........What's up?

BANNER!!!
 
Great Find, Congratulations....
 
tymcmurray said:
I see 21 Banner votes not counting the silent votes........What's up?

BANNER!!!

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

:icon_scratch: ?
 
congrats on a awesome find!! :thumbsup: cant wait to see what you find next at that camp.
 
Yup, Banner for sure :thumbsup:
 
Thanks for all the banner nominations. I appreciate it! ;D
 
That is a awesome find .... !! Keep up the good work !!!
 
You Banner "determinator's" suck...... :nono:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom