What's new

My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO!

crashbro17x

Full Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to start by telling the story from today:

I took off work today and my father and I decided last night that we had to try this new spot. So we drive up to check it out. It was a small yard, in a subdivision. I would say that the house was built in the early 50's....and it was suppose to be smack in the middle of a civil war camp. Well, we covered the yard pretty quickly due to its size. The only thing I found to any significance was a couple of pocket spills...with a little silver...YES!
Coins.webp


After a couple of hours, daddy looked at me and said "lets go back to that camp where we have been finding all that good stuff for the past month"....Not one to argue with my father, I agreed. We pulled in and I made a B-line right toward the area where I had found the confederate C.S.A button last week. Half way there I got a good signal and decided to dig...mind you, I had literally walked about 50 yards from my truck....

So, I turned the plug of soil over and that's when I could see the back of the plate, in the hole, with the hooks facing up. I called to my dad and told him that I had found a belt plate, but didn't know what yet. He came walking over about the time that I had recovered the plate and flipped it over to see a beautiful C.S.A. on the front of it.....BOY DID I DO A HAPPY DANCE....AND YELL...AND DANCE...AND YELL...AND STOMP...AND OH MY GOODNESS..AND SO ON...!

Here is my first confederate buckle...
Front
csa buckle front.webp

Back
csa buckle back.webp

Here are a few more of my finds from today...
Bucklebullets.webp


This camp has been truly amazing.....Here are the links to the other finds from the camp from the past month!

3-7-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223151.msg1617868.html#msg1617868

3-10-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223817.msg1623893.html#msg1623893

3-15-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,224949.msg1633434.html#msg1633434

3-16-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,225138.msg1635133.html#msg1635133

3-24-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,227057.msg1651657.html#msg1651657

4-2-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,229079.msg1670135.html#msg1670135

Thanks for looking!
 
Upvote 0
Woe Dude! Way to go :thumbsup:
 
I have been relic hunting in Virginia for over 16 years. And never found one of those.
What an awesome find. I would'en sell that Confederate Buckle for love or money, well, money anyway ;D
If she was blond and 21, well we won't go there.
Seriously, Great find, I would say BANNER.

Clayton
 
Roadquest said:
I have been relic hunting in Virginia for over 16 years. And never found one of those.
What an awesome find. I would'en sell that Confederate Buckle for love or money, well, f or money anyway ;D
If she was blond and 21, well we won't go there.
Seriously, Great find, I would say BANNER.

Clayton

Hey thanks...I am 26 years old, but I've been detecting with my dad for as long as I can remember....Like you, he has never found one....as well as a lot of other folks I know that have detected for years. I know that I am very lucky....and well, my wife is 22 and blonde, so I don't think I will get rid of it anytime soon... :wink:

Thanks for the Banner nomination! :thumbsup:
 
WOW! Congrats for sure! Awesome find!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Heck I'm doing the happy dance just reading about your find. WTG!

Where in Tennessee are you located? I'm about an hour south of Nashville.
 
davidtn said:
Heck I'm doing the happy dance just reading about your find. WTG!

Where in Tennessee are you located? I'm about an hour south of Nashville.

We live in the same town...I've sent you a PM or two...don't know if you got them or not...And yes...the buckle did come from this town...Silver came from Nashville...
 
BANNER!!!

Congrats! That is indeed the find of a lifetime! And the bonus of being with your dad when you found it is icing on the cake!

Way to go!!! :thumbsup:
 
CSA buckle, 91 posts. Got to be a record. Banner, if it's not already.
 
curbdiggercarl57 said:
CSA buckle, 91 posts. Got to be a record. Banner, if it's not already.

Thanks! I do a lot more reading than I do posting...Thanks for the Banner!
 
Sooooooo SPECIAL!!! Gawd, you are blessed!!! Thank your dad for your interest and upbringing! I'm so jealous!!!

- Good job! - Noodle
 
Thats way cool.. that site has been good to you,and your Dad for sure!
 
I don't think that I could sleep at night.I believe I would get a flashlight and start MDing
every minute that I could.
Congrats on a once in a lifetime find :thumbsup:
That has got to be on the BANNER :wav:


fortbball9
 
Nice! Banner for sure.
 
fortbball9 said:
I don't think that I could sleep at night.I believe I would get a flashlight and start MDing
every minute that I could.
Congrats on a once in a lifetime find :thumbsup:
:wav:That has got to be on the BANNER :wav:


fortbball9


hahaha! :angel4: :angel4: It has actually crossed my mind... ;D :D ;D :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom