What's new

My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO!

crashbro17x

Full Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to start by telling the story from today:

I took off work today and my father and I decided last night that we had to try this new spot. So we drive up to check it out. It was a small yard, in a subdivision. I would say that the house was built in the early 50's....and it was suppose to be smack in the middle of a civil war camp. Well, we covered the yard pretty quickly due to its size. The only thing I found to any significance was a couple of pocket spills...with a little silver...YES!
Coins.webp


After a couple of hours, daddy looked at me and said "lets go back to that camp where we have been finding all that good stuff for the past month"....Not one to argue with my father, I agreed. We pulled in and I made a B-line right toward the area where I had found the confederate C.S.A button last week. Half way there I got a good signal and decided to dig...mind you, I had literally walked about 50 yards from my truck....

So, I turned the plug of soil over and that's when I could see the back of the plate, in the hole, with the hooks facing up. I called to my dad and told him that I had found a belt plate, but didn't know what yet. He came walking over about the time that I had recovered the plate and flipped it over to see a beautiful C.S.A. on the front of it.....BOY DID I DO A HAPPY DANCE....AND YELL...AND DANCE...AND YELL...AND STOMP...AND OH MY GOODNESS..AND SO ON...!

Here is my first confederate buckle...
Front
csa buckle front.webp

Back
csa buckle back.webp

Here are a few more of my finds from today...
Bucklebullets.webp


This camp has been truly amazing.....Here are the links to the other finds from the camp from the past month!

3-7-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223151.msg1617868.html#msg1617868

3-10-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223817.msg1623893.html#msg1623893

3-15-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,224949.msg1633434.html#msg1633434

3-16-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,225138.msg1635133.html#msg1635133

3-24-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,227057.msg1651657.html#msg1651657

4-2-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,229079.msg1670135.html#msg1670135

Thanks for looking!
 
Upvote 0
Finally made the BANNER
CONGRATS on a super find
It took a while but it got there.

fortbball9
 
We KNEW it should have been up there, that will teach us to read the small print!
LMAO!!! My sincerest apologies for all of the bad thoughts I was thinking!! LOL!!
Congratulations!!
Nice catch, Rob aka rtde3!
 
Thanks to all that have nominated the post and who have stuck in there beside me. :thumbsup: You guys are the awesome....also, thanks TN for the banner...I am very proud! :icon_sunny:

HH
 
Sgtrock said:
Just AMAZING congrats....does the damage appear to be from battle??

I will probably never know. It could be that or it could be where it was hit by some old farmers plow....
 
Crash,
That big beautiful baby finally made it up on BANNER!!! :thumbsup: Congrats to you!!!
Two CW buckles now gracing the page. ;D
-MM-
 
Congrats on BANNER----- any chance that you are near Franklin,Tenn---and might you have read Robert Hicks ---THE WIDOW OF THE SOUTH ?
A true history lesson of the battle of Franklin---5 of the bloodiest hours of the CW and unknown to most folks.Congrats again !!!!
 
Now thats cool over 100 posts on this find, way to go man
 
Fla-Gal said:
Congrats on BANNER----- any chance that you are near Franklin,Tenn---and might you have read Robert Hicks ---THE WIDOW OF THE SOUTH ?
A true history lesson of the battle of Franklin---5 of the bloodiest hours of the CW and unknown to most folks.Congrats again !!!!

I live about about an hour south of Nashville...but I do work in Nashville so I drive through Frankllin every single day. There have been a lot of good relics found near Franklin and Spring Hill...though I have never hunted either...

Thanks for the info...I'll check it out!
 
This deserves a bump.
Newt
 
Congrats on the Banner my friend!....Well deserved!!
 
About time ....Congratulations !!! Just goes to show Persistence does pay off! Now go find another rare find to put up there so we can do this again.. :wink:..HH
 
From a South African who knows beauty..... BANNER PLEASE, pretty PLEASE :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

God bless the Banner Commitee ;D
Peter

P.S You see when you are nice to the committee, they are nice to you.... Well done on the banner :thumbsup:
 
That's one incredible find of a lifetime indeed :wav: :wav: :wav:
 
Great Find! I hope someday to pull one of those out of the ground myself.
 
Congratulations. Love those confederate buckles ;D.
 
Thanks everyone! :icon_sunny:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom