What's new

My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO!

crashbro17x

Full Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to start by telling the story from today:

I took off work today and my father and I decided last night that we had to try this new spot. So we drive up to check it out. It was a small yard, in a subdivision. I would say that the house was built in the early 50's....and it was suppose to be smack in the middle of a civil war camp. Well, we covered the yard pretty quickly due to its size. The only thing I found to any significance was a couple of pocket spills...with a little silver...YES!
Coins.webp


After a couple of hours, daddy looked at me and said "lets go back to that camp where we have been finding all that good stuff for the past month"....Not one to argue with my father, I agreed. We pulled in and I made a B-line right toward the area where I had found the confederate C.S.A button last week. Half way there I got a good signal and decided to dig...mind you, I had literally walked about 50 yards from my truck....

So, I turned the plug of soil over and that's when I could see the back of the plate, in the hole, with the hooks facing up. I called to my dad and told him that I had found a belt plate, but didn't know what yet. He came walking over about the time that I had recovered the plate and flipped it over to see a beautiful C.S.A. on the front of it.....BOY DID I DO A HAPPY DANCE....AND YELL...AND DANCE...AND YELL...AND STOMP...AND OH MY GOODNESS..AND SO ON...!

Here is my first confederate buckle...
Front
csa buckle front.webp

Back
csa buckle back.webp

Here are a few more of my finds from today...
Bucklebullets.webp


This camp has been truly amazing.....Here are the links to the other finds from the camp from the past month!

3-7-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223151.msg1617868.html#msg1617868

3-10-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,223817.msg1623893.html#msg1623893

3-15-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,224949.msg1633434.html#msg1633434

3-16-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,225138.msg1635133.html#msg1635133

3-24-09.....http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,227057.msg1651657.html#msg1651657

4-2-09.......http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,229079.msg1670135.html#msg1670135

Thanks for looking!
 
Upvote 0
ModernMiner said:
Crash,
I'd be glad to give up my banner spot for your super CW buckle find. You desreve it buddy! :thumbsup:
Great CW relic.
-MM-

Oh no...I don't want to take your spot....That is a nice buckle you got there too! They need to be side by side ;D I've just been try'n to figure out if I posted wrong or something that is causing it....Oh well!

Thanks!
 
crashbro17x said:
ModernMiner said:
Crash,
I'd be glad to give up my banner spot for your super CW buckle find. You desreve it buddy! :thumbsup:
Great CW relic.
-MM-

Oh no...I don't want to take your spot....That is a nice buckle you got there too! They need to be side by side ;D I've just been try'n to figure out if I posted wrong or something that is causing it....Oh well!
Thanks!

I'm still rooting for you. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
tymcmurray said:
This is the Best I can do for you!

Thanks man! I appreciate you and everyone that is voting for it to be banner. Thanks for the support!
 
ModernMiner said:
crashbro17x said:
ModernMiner said:
Crash,
I'd be glad to give up my banner spot for your super CW buckle find. You desreve it buddy! :thumbsup:
Great CW relic.
-MM-

Oh no...I don't want to take your spot....That is a nice buckle you got there too! They need to be side by side ;D I've just been try'n to figure out if I posted wrong or something that is causing it....Oh well!
Thanks!

I'm still rooting for you. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Thanks bro! Looks like I need it! Congrats on your buckle as well...It is a super nice find too!!!
 
love those buckles... maybe at the end of the year we should see how many people found a buckle or two... good job
 
Iv'e been mding for a couple of years and the best iv'e found is a 36 cal bullet. I agree with the crowd. BANNER !!!!!!
 
I think there's going to be a mutiny if this isn't made a banner soon. WTH does it take? Sure a class ring is nice, an arrowhead is nice but COME ON.
 
civilman1 said:
AND DAMN TY....COME TO THINK OF IT.....NONE OF YOUR YOUR'S MADE IT EITHER :icon_scratch:

Maybe the Mod's are on the Union side..... :tongue3:
 
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW it is starting to come out in the open! I'll see what I can do to fix that...one would think that someone would have said something to me by now....

Thanks!
 
Re: My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO! Picture updated!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TITUS1ER
 
rtde3 said:
OK guys,
I think I have this figured out.
I do not know why & I'm not 100% I'm right on this But....
I think the reason this has not made the banner is because the pictures are not being hosted on T-net.

crashbro17x, did you upload these pictures from a photo hosting website like photo bucket or some other site like it?
If so maybe try loading them to T-net.

You would think that one of the mods would tell us or at least crashbro17x what' ups. :icon_scratch:

OK! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I had read the banner "rules"...but I was thinking that it said that the picture must be posted on TN and not posted by a link::) silly me! I don't know what I was thinking...Maybe she will get it now!

Now the picture of the buckle is uploaded to the TN server...lets see what happens!
 
Re: My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO! Picture updated!

No, I think it's too late.

De-Banner. :D
 
Re: My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO! Picture updated!

Iron Patch said:
No, I think it's too late.

De-Banner. :D

DANG! ;D I figured that I would get that!
 
rtde3 said:
crashbro17x said:
rtde3 said:
OK guys,
I think I have this figured out.
I do not know why & I'm not 100% I'm right on this But....
I think the reason this has not made the banner is because the pictures are not being hosted on T-net.

crashbro17x, did you upload these pictures from a photo hosting website like photo bucket or some other site like it?
If so maybe try loading them to T-net.

You would think that one of the mods would tell us or at least crashbro17x what' ups. :icon_scratch:

OK! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I had read the banner "rules"...but I was thinking that it said that the picture must be posted on TN and not posted by a link::) silly me! I don't know what I was thinking...Maybe she will get it now!

Now the picture of the buckle is uploaded to the TN server...lets see what happens!

You are welcome! I hope this does it!

I think the Mods just wanted to see how long we would throw a tamtrum before they stepped in & told us you did not follow one little rule. I'm sure there is a reason for the rule & it's not small to T net.
My dad would do this to me when I was young. I would throw a fit about something & he would let me stew for a good while. Then say to me " now you want me to tell you why?" ;D

I understand....it probably has a lot to do with leagality and copyrights and such ....I just wish that I had known :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: ...My bad guys! :sign12: :merror:
 
Re: My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO! Pictures updated!

Made it guys! Thanks for all the votes!

:wav: :wav: :wav: :blob3: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :sunny: :blob9: :blob1: :hello2: :angry9: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
 
Re: My First Confederate Buckle!!!!!!!!!WOOOOHOOO! Pictures updated!

Congrats...You finally made banner. Took long enough. :D
Randy
 
Must be approved at some govermental level or somethin...Maybe the Social-Security Department or something....That's why it's taking so long to make this find a BANNER!!!!!! :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:
 
Congrats on finding a Confederate Buckle, Crash!! :notworthy:

A rare find indeed! I'm sure it made you completely forget about finding all that silver! ;D ;D

Well deserved Banner!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
CONGRATULATION CRASH......NOW I'M GOING FOR THE CSA BUTTON......EXCELLENT JOB BUDDY :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom