Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was hunting a house my aunt's friend owned in CT, built in 1732. This place was loaded with iron... being that it is a house almost 300 years old. I started off gridding the front yard, only to find clad, but then I got a deeper signal and it was a dandy button. I knew at this point the homestead was not filled in and that there is the possibility of some old coins and some more old relics to pop out. I get a bridal rosette and two later date Indian Head cents in the front yard then move on to the side yard afterwards. I get a few small relics in the side yard but nothing substantial. There was a field on the other side of the house which I decided to try as well, because I thought there could've been another old home that once stood there on the 1869 map, but it turned out the house was a little bit south of it and still standing. Not much was found there so I try another field on the property adjacent to this one, I found a little hot spot about 100 yards away from the house and dig a few things. First I get a piece of a change purse, then an 1863 fatty indian head, then a nice 1918 dog tag from the town I was nearby, then an ox knob, and then a fragment to an early colonial spectacle buckle. The finds slowed down and my time was running out so I got out from the field quickly. Before I get out of the field I had to swing back to the front of the house, where I wanted to give one last stop. On the way I get a screaming 75 on my MXT all pro, and out popped a 10 wheat cent and 1947 nickel spill, which was pretty neat. Now in the front yard, there was an area covered in snow in the morning which melted by the time I got back there, and swung in it. Immediately I get a deep teens signal and dug another indian head, that was the 4th one for the day. Then as I am about to leave, I checked out one more iron infested area of the front yard and go super slow. I get a higher-than-iron signal, nothing special, but it would occasionally bounce into the 80s. I flip a plug, and immediately see a silver rim about 6" deep. I immediately pull it out from the hole and saw that it was a seated quarter, 1856, I was so excited! I then rubbed the back off and saw the intricate "G" initial and felt the prongs from where a pin lay on the obverse of the coin, and just knew it was my first love token! HH!

5546.jpg 5547.jpg 5548.jpg

Upvote 33

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's an awesome love token pin. the engraving is exquisite. congrats!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quite a good day you had there- that love token is a great find- congrats!!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
Isaac

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone! Really pleased with this find, I've seen a lot dug and always wanted one for myself

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool find Isaac! Those don't turn up that often. Very nice design too.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice find.
One I've not dug either.
Not on my top ten list, but would be very happy with one that nice.
Just a few more days till thaw.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice love token. Someone was bummed to lose that.

Blueblood

Oct 10, 2013
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt! I found my first love token a few weeks ago, a dime with a hole in it. Your token more interesting with the pin clasp hardware on it. Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread