What's new

My First Points for 2014

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finished the creek from yesterday and found my first point for 2014. Its a Bloen Bevel I believe 1.5 inches long. I also found a nice knife of sorts. A scraper made from banded chert (water worn) and 3 sherds.
It started snowing rite after I slipped and went down in the creek a 5 ft drop from top to the creek. I decided to go cause the wind was cold. I drove towards home and past a couple of fields I have permission to hunt and saw the grass was low due to the cold I decided to stop and look. Its the same spot I found my other good pieces in 2013. I walked a few rows and found some good artifacts. The pics didnt come out real good but this is what I got until I can get some in the day light. 1st set is from earlier. Its one of my best hunts ever.
HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10048.webp
    SDC10048.webp
    789.8 KB · Views: 124
  • SDC10077.webp
    SDC10077.webp
    427.8 KB · Views: 97
  • SDC10078.webp
    SDC10078.webp
    628 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC10081.webp
    SDC10081.webp
    303.6 KB · Views: 106
  • SDC10204.webp
    SDC10204.webp
    316 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC10206.webp
    SDC10206.webp
    310 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC10207.webp
    SDC10207.webp
    332.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great finds! Like that banded scraper!

Thanks it is water worn. I found it in the same place as this backed knife from last yr. Its made from the same type of material.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3620.webp
    100_3620.webp
    135.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 100_3619.webp
    100_3619.webp
    138.4 KB · Views: 75
  • SDC10081.webp
    SDC10081.webp
    303.6 KB · Views: 74

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom