What's new

My First Points for 2014

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finished the creek from yesterday and found my first point for 2014. Its a Bloen Bevel I believe 1.5 inches long. I also found a nice knife of sorts. A scraper made from banded chert (water worn) and 3 sherds.
It started snowing rite after I slipped and went down in the creek a 5 ft drop from top to the creek. I decided to go cause the wind was cold. I drove towards home and past a couple of fields I have permission to hunt and saw the grass was low due to the cold I decided to stop and look. Its the same spot I found my other good pieces in 2013. I walked a few rows and found some good artifacts. The pics didnt come out real good but this is what I got until I can get some in the day light. 1st set is from earlier. Its one of my best hunts ever.
HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10048.webp
    SDC10048.webp
    789.8 KB · Views: 124
  • SDC10077.webp
    SDC10077.webp
    427.8 KB · Views: 97
  • SDC10078.webp
    SDC10078.webp
    628 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC10081.webp
    SDC10081.webp
    303.6 KB · Views: 106
  • SDC10204.webp
    SDC10204.webp
    316 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC10206.webp
    SDC10206.webp
    310 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC10207.webp
    SDC10207.webp
    332.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the field finds not all the pics came out. Updated the pics
 

Attachments

  • SDC10145.webp
    SDC10145.webp
    768.4 KB · Views: 90
  • SDC10128.webp
    SDC10128.webp
    307.2 KB · Views: 79
  • SDC10166.webp
    SDC10166.webp
    368 KB · Views: 72
  • SDC10169.webp
    SDC10169.webp
    280 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC10173.webp
    SDC10173.webp
    301.6 KB · Views: 79
  • SDC10180.webp
    SDC10180.webp
    280.9 KB · Views: 78
  • SDC10182.webp
    SDC10182.webp
    342.6 KB · Views: 82
  • SDC10189.webp
    SDC10189.webp
    325.8 KB · Views: 92
  • SDC10193.webp
    SDC10193.webp
    664.3 KB · Views: 76
  • SDC10197.webp
    SDC10197.webp
    320 KB · Views: 80
  • SDC10198.webp
    SDC10198.webp
    258.7 KB · Views: 74
  • SDC10195.webp
    SDC10195.webp
    773.5 KB · Views: 90
  • SDC10199.webp
    SDC10199.webp
    331.2 KB · Views: 85
  • SDC10200.webp
    SDC10200.webp
    292.3 KB · Views: 77
  • SDC10201.webp
    SDC10201.webp
    333.7 KB · Views: 80
  • SDC10202.webp
    SDC10202.webp
    369.9 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC10211.webp
    SDC10211.webp
    354.9 KB · Views: 78
  • SDC10212.webp
    SDC10212.webp
    386.7 KB · Views: 90
  • SDC10213.webp
    SDC10213.webp
    408.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
If anyone knows the point types do tell. Id like to look them up in my book. #7 is very nice in color. All found in north GA.
 
You had a great day.. Did you look up the types I suggested to you earlier?
 
Cool! :icon_thumleft: I see at least two very nice points!


SDC10066.webp SDC10155.webp
 
yeah on some. Im not even sure if the 1st one is a bolen due to the base and the tip doesnt twist like the other one I found.
 
Got some of the good stuff there rock! I'm clueless to type but they sure are pretty! You got snow and it's snowed all around up here except my county but dang it's cold! So tired of Winter!
 
...looks like you hit the jack pot rock & such pretty material they're made of...those are sure nice! And, sorry to brag you guys...it's been like summer here the past few days...sorry...kind of...lol
 
Good job Rock...that black and white zebra point is stellar...I like how wide that fella is...I am not sure that first one is a Bolen from what I have seen online of those types, but it is still a nice point. Man...we got snow here too, just not enough to cover the ground...that wind was nasty cold...glad it was you hunting and not me! Congrats on a super hunt.
 
I'm just going to throw this out there.. the "Bolen" looks like a Bakers Creek to me and that black and white jewel looks like a corner notched Brewerton
 
Rock those are all great finds I absolutely love that little point thanks for sharing your story and finds ;)
 
Great finds Rock you have a good start on the new year:icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks everyone it was a struggle but I updated the pics. Outside pics are much better and a different camera.
 
I'm just going to throw this out there.. the "Bolen" looks like a Bakers Creek to me and that black and white jewel looks like a corner notched Brewerton

I have to agree with the 2 it looks correct. Now how bout the others?
 
I see two others that may be complete enough to type.
1 being the small point that looks like a Morrow mountain and the other that looks like an archaic blade
 
Yes on the blade the flaking is not correct for a cobbs. MM very possible the base is chipped but it looks like it would of been round with no stem.
 
Those are some great finds Rock!! I really like that black and white one. Very unusual. Don't see many like that. Looks like you got your year off on the right foot. Don't let that cold keep you out of the creek and fields. Can't wait to see your next finds.
 
Those are some great finds Rock!! I really like that black and white one. Very unusual. Don't see many like that. Looks like you got your year off on the right foot. Don't let that cold keep you out of the creek and fields. Can't wait to see your next finds.

Thanks I will be back out there tomorrow. I will take my camera :thumbsup:
 
Really nice finds Rock! That black and white one is a cool looking point. About as interesting material as you'll find anywhere in my opinion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom