Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is missing.

well, she was a pet. lived outside mostly, came in once in a blue moon in the house to relax with me and I miss the PURR!

found her as a kitten at a grocery store near the entrance. knowing she was not going to live good, I grabbed her and took her home for the farm. That was over 15 years ago.

She only liked me. would run from everyone. wouldn't let hubby or kiddo near her. ONLY would respond to me.

about a month ago she changed. I think a stroke. She just sat on the porch (which she didn't come to the house much), let everyone pet her, hugged up to the dog (?) and had a vacant look. She also wouldn't jump alot. Slept like crazy. Basically was hand feeding her chicken. She didn't seem to find the food bowl I put out.

last week she wouldn't barely eat. stuffed food in her mouth. she stopped any jumping. would just go around and around in circles. cocked her head weird. her right lip was curled up kinda funny.

I think she had another stroke.

So hubby and I chatted and I told him if she continues to not eat I was not going to starve her. He would put her down.

well 2 days ago he saw her heading into the woods. that was the last. I fear she is gone. Off to pass away.

So she had a great life I know that much and I think a dignified ending.

----just wanted to chat about Litt'l Kitty. She was a good one! 9but if I do find her, I will post an update) :) :)

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you saved her from certain death a long time ago i have 4 cats 3 inside 1 outside keep us updated

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Had a similar experience. One of our 13 wonder in cats, a gray one, has always been sickly. She sat in the sun all day on the wall beside the house. I noticed it was gone and found it lying beside the wall. I took her up to the pet part of our family cemetery and said a few good words about her and buried her. A few days later another kitten wondered in. They are free spirits, I just feed them and itch them up. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes a cat is a true free spirit. many love them for their independence and aloof and DO EXACTLY and ACT exactly like they want in life. and some despise them for that because they usually can't control them ever.

GO CATS!

I am sure another will find me :)

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The old girl knew... God bless her.

Know that she is dozing on a warm bale of sunlight hay, licking her chops contentedly in heaven, where the mousing is plentiful, her belly is always full and someone else who is up there and misses THEIR still earth-bound friend gives her all the belly rubs she wants... No more sickness. No more discomfort. Ever...

Hugs,
Annie

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yes the animals know when it is there or someone else's time to go. I visited a friend in a nursing home and she was telling me about the pet dog there. He always sleeps with the net one to go. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Annie
that was super nice. I do feel better.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn I heard stuff on that.
never sure what to make of it.

I know critters "know more than us" when it comes to certain instincts, even like end of life, but WOW

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two weeks ago our cat of 16 years left us for the big mouse hunt in the sky. She acted the same way you describe your cat as acting. Cats know when their time is near, and usually find a nice warm secluded spot for their final rest. I'm sorry to hear about your cat, but I'm sure she's playing with ours in a warm meadow lit by sunshine...chasing butterflies.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear abut yours also!

cats just seem to squeeze their way into your being.

the PURR---the PURR is what I love to the max. A good purr melts the heart :)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one house cat and 3 to 5 strays that eat off the front porch. I never cared much for cats 'til I got one. I even had one where I worked for over 9 years. He was born there to a wild cat. He ended up spending most of his time lying around on my desk. Sure miss him. They are much smarter than people give them credit for. Anyway chick, like you say, another will find you and will be as lucky as the last one you had.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a teeneger we had a cat who dissapeared inthe woodlot behind our house. 2 years later,he suddenly reappeared. About a week later we found him curled up in the sun dead. I always believed that he came home to die!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your loyal (cat) friend. :sad10:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks all.

no sign of her. but it is what it is I guess.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condolences for you pet FarmerChick . Unconditional love from pets holds a special place in all owners .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Chick, I questioned the doctor about the dogs ability. He said that cells have a tail and that each time they reproduce the result is a cell with a shorter tail. When the final cell, with no tail , dies it gives off a smell that an animal can detect. It is kind of the smell of death.

Spart, My pit bull loves me too, he never wants me to leave the house without him. So add dogs to your list also.
Frank

Attachments

• rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 70

ladyliegh

Sep 17, 2012
SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel for you. Sorry for your loss.
We have lost both family dogs, 1 last year & 1 about a month ago. Both were about 16 years old.
It is hard, they are members of your family & you miss them.
(I also have a 17 yr old one eyed cat) ;)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand. Our pets really do become a part of our family. You gave her love she wouldn't have had anywhere else. & she gave you love in return.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the kind words!

I checked behind the neighbors home into the woods where hubby said she was heading. gave a few calls for her. nothing. I didn't expect to find her but you never know :)

Frankn, that is very very interesting! huh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread