What's new

My pride and joy when I was 11

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1980 YZ80 CHRISTMAS DAY IMG_2040.webp
 
Here’s mine from when I was 10

6CFA05D2-34A3-403E-97D5-F3F0E1BDF127.webp
Honda MiniTrail 50
 
Many a day were spent blowing the 2 stroke smoke, good memories.
 
Had to wait until I joined the Navy before I got on my first bike.
 
This is what my "pride & joy" looked like. I was lucky to have it.
 

Attachments

  • schwinn.webp
    schwinn.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 109
Mine was a 1975 or 76 Honda XR75.

My uncle told them to get me a 4 stroke, as I'd kill myself on the 2 stroke.

I really wanted that YZ80.
 

Attachments

  • XR75.webp
    XR75.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 296
Mine was a 1975 or 76 Honda XR75.

My uncle told them to get me a 4 stroke, as I'd kill myself on the 2 stroke.

I really wanted that YZ80.

I begged my mom for the XR75 to no avail and then two years later I woke up to the YZ80. I had no idea I was getting it. That 2 stroke power and was a beast I tell ya. I didn’t even know how to ride yet. Best years of my life.

I was a Bob “Hurricane” Hannah fan.
 
This is what my "pride & joy" looked like. I was lucky to have it.

basically what I had also , just that mine didn't have fenders...guess I had the basic model lol
 
Mine was a Honda SL70. I had to buy it myself at 11. (That was a LOT of chores) The previous owner of mine owned a body shop so mine had a "custom paint job...black with flames. :headbang:
388605e86cc9ac95bbed940218cc9653.webp
 
when my dad was about 14 his friend has a dirt bike i don't remember what it was he was ridding it when he hit a bump and flew off the bike and he hugged
a fence post he said he laid there about 10 min. before he got back up and to ride the bike back he said it was painful when your still hurting in places and riding through a bumpy field
 
basically what I had also , just that mine didn't have fenders...guess I had the basic model lol

This was my other mode of transportation. How do you like my saddle bags?
 

Attachments

  • Me and my horse Mike MD.webp
    Me and my horse Mike MD.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 114
This was my other mode of transportation. How do you like my saddle bags?

I only rode a horse once it had no saddle and when it bent down to eat some grass I slide down it’s neck and face planted. Never got on another one till this day.
 
That was My first bike exactly. I think I put about 1 million miles on it and never remember changing the oil..hahaha

Hey, I don't recall ever changing my oil either! Damn kids.
 
I want to get another one now and do a full restore on it. Make it look like new. Then I can just stare at it..lol
 
I want to get another one now and do a full restore on it. Make it look like new. Then I can just stare at it..lol

You would look funny on an XR75.
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 156

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom