What's new

My recent finds

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a minute​ since I posted anything due to a lost phone and forgotten passwords. But I have found a few decent pieces lately.... Y'all have a good 4th and thanks for looking IMG_20170704_092222.webpIMG_20170704_092408.webpIMG_20170704_094619.webp

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds! Have a safe & Happy 4th of July
 
I thought maybe you got a new job on a pole making lots of money, welcome back.
 
Yeah right, it's at the bottom of the pole... We've had plenty of hard rain here, been finding better pieces and places

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
Yeah right, it's at the bottom of the pole... We've had plenty of hard rain here, been finding better pieces and places

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

I thought maybe we might get a day without rain but sure enough another down pour today. No sprinkles either very hard rain and yesterday we had 3 just like today. When it rains it pours. Everything is muddy here.
 
Hey Coosa that blue one is nice did you find it in a field or creek?
 
I found it in a clear cut been having good luck finding different small camp spots

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
You have had some luck. I like the profile of that lower right quartz point. Any more pics of it?
 
Love that blue gray one! You are getting quite the collection!
 
On the last pic the one with the long stem I find them to makes me wonder if some arent drills with a big base but I think they are knifes maybe Adenas
 
Here you go welsburyIMG_20170707_203935.webpIMG_20170707_204009.webp

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
Thanks bearcreek your horses ain't kicked anymore artifacts up??? And not sure Rock figured it was some sort of knife... Never found a for sure drill

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
Thanks man, good looking point shame about that ear
 
What kind of point is this? Dalton?
Not sure on type. Either a Dalton or a Wheeler excurvate looked closest to me


Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
Quartz is so hard to tell when it comes to the work a in hand inspection is about the only way to know for sure on your point but done forget these 2. Candy Creek and Camp Creek both are Woodland points. Woodland period made some that looked old but werent. For me I have no idea on it but I do see some Woodland points in your other finds.
 
Those look like the same kind of point I find around Floyd County. Nice finds!
 
Those look like the same kind of point I find around Floyd County. Nice finds!

Mine to most should be Late Archaic to Mississippian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom