My second dream box today...

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than the last one (99 40%, 1 '64), I'll tell ya that.

So, I grab the two boxes from the teller, the first one she gave me was the dream box... Looking at the top of the box to confirm the rolls are all wrapped and nothing weird is going on... looks like we're good to go... right off the bat a few 40% enders catch my eye, and up in the top corner, a WLH ender. Get out to my car, bust open the other end... 3 enders, all 40%ers, one of which ends up being a double (40%ers on both sides). Flip the whole shebang over on the seat to check the other side... ended up being 13 enders total, if you count both sides of the double. 12 40% and the Walker. Date was showing, it was a '37.

So I reach for my phone to take pictures of these beautiful enders, and it's not in my pocket! Long story short, I spent the next hour looking for it, before giving up and starting to drive to the nearest Sprint store. Busted open the rolls and blew through them while stuck in some horrible traffic (30 minutes to go 2.5 miles, ugh.) and the silver was piling up. Ended up with 100 40%ers and 5 90%ers (2 Walkers, 2 Frankins, 1 '64). Then someone called my phone, and my cars bluetooth kicked in, so I knew my phone was in my car somewhere, lol. Oh well. The second box I got from them also was pretty good, with 5 90%ers (3 Franklins, 2 '64's) and 15 40%ers. A few of the 40%ers are really nice, and have some rainbow toning. One of the Franklins ('63) is a nice, choice UNC coin.

Here's the 90%ers....

20130103_173416_zps532cdc22.jpg

And here's the 40%ers (Note the 90%ers are stacked next to them)... I cut off the last stack because I'm an idiot, but you can see the bottom of it in the corner of the pic.

20130103_173140_zps29098b16-1_zps1ab39c5c.jpg

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
bigscores said:
Better than the last one (99 40%, 1 '64), I'll tell ya that.

So, I grab the two boxes from the teller, the first one she gave me was the dream box... Looking at the top of the box to confirm the rolls are all wrapped and nothing weird is going on... looks like we're good to go... right off the bat a few 40% enders catch my eye, and up in the top corner, a WLH ender. Get out to my car, bust open the other end... 3 enders, all 40%ers, one of which ends up being a double (40%ers on both sides). Flip the whole shebang over on the seat to check the other side... ended up being 13 enders total, if you count both sides of the double. 12 40% and the Walker. Date was showing, it was a '37.

So I reach for my phone to take pictures of these beautiful enders, and it's not in my pocket! Long story short, I spent the next hour looking for it, before giving up and starting to drive to the nearest Sprint store. Busted open the rolls and blew through them while stuck in some horrible traffic (30 minutes to go 2.5 miles, ugh.) and the silver was piling up. Ended up with 100 40%ers and 5 90%ers (2 Walkers, 2 Frankins, 1 '64). Then someone called my phone, and my cars bluetooth kicked in, so I knew my phone was in my car somewhere, lol. Oh well. The second box I got from them also was pretty good, with 5 90%ers (3 Franklins, 2 '64's) and 15 40%ers. A few of the 40%ers are really nice, and have some rainbow toning. One of the Franklins ('63) is a nice, choice UNC coin.

Here's the 90%ers....

And here's the 40%ers (Note the 90%ers are stacked next to them)... I cut off the last stack because I'm an idiot, but you can see the bottom of it in the corner of the pic.

Looks dope

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second box was pretty good!? My best box ever was 5 40%. Haha whenever i pick up half dollars i always get to my car n look for enders, ive never had one. I would probably have a heart attack if i saw all those enders. Much less over 100 silvers.

Thats one sweet haul congrats!

Nick of Co

Jan 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one amazing box! The most I found in a box was twenty something. However, loose rolls from customers are a different story.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Awesome score. I love knowing that there are still AMAZING boxes out there to be found. Great motivation. Thx for sharing.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bigscores, nice score! thank you for sharing and inspiring :)
hh
buff

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
and i thought dream boxes were just a myth from days gone by.... i thought i had a dream box when i got 5 40%s. thanks for posting. 2 dream boxes. wow!

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great finds Bigscores!!. I'd love to find that many in one box. I got my dream box on Monday with 17 90%s and 18 40%s. I'll post it with pictures this afternoon or evening.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations Bigscore! I'd have a happy conniption if I opened that. Ive only ever to close to that with CWR's.. Wow, very nice!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does this even happen? Get skunked on a good majority, n usually find one or two per box.

Did someone unknowingly turn in a bunch of silver and a lot got put in one box or something?

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How does this even happen? Get skunked on a good majority, n usually find one or two per box.

Did someone unknowingly turn in a bunch of silver and a lot got put in one box or something?

Some people. Kids, drug addicts or plain ole naive people will dump whole collections.. Heck I got 3 solid rolls a few weeks ago that said silver right on the roll.. Those are the people we count on to refuel this hobby..

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very big congrats! :occasion14:
Happy Hunting,
apush

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It definitely carried over to today... I think I hit over 200 keepers on the week.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Awesome week. I ended the YEAR of 2012 with 213 40% and I worked at it every week all year long. You basically did that already for 2013. Great job! Gotta love those east coast boxes. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread