My Second Gold Coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1851 20 Franc

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
I am still freaking out! I was detecting and found this beauty. I Dug this down the beach. It's weird because the beach is where I found my first gold coin as well. This is in pristene condition. I took a picture of it on black to show its detail. None of my friends know about this yet. I did call my son South Jersey Jim to tell him. We always have a competition when we metal detect and I had to show him that I can still whip his butt! See you top this Jim :headbang: I'm sorry I was so excited I forgot to post a picture.

Attachments

• February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 001.jpg
    February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 3,973
  • February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 002.jpg
    February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 002.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3,949
Upvote 0
Awesome find. It is interesting to note the similarities of this French gold coin to some of the later US coins, like Liberty on v nickles, or Barber coins or even the Morgan dollars. Note the fasces on the obverse at lower left, and the classic wreath motif on the reverse, as seen on seated dimes and indian cents. Usually nice gold coins like that hit banner...perhaps this one will. :icon_thumleft:

Wow!!! Outstanding!!! Congratulations... That is probably one of the coolest finds I've seen... I think my heart would skip a beat on that one. :'( That might be a beach that you frequent more often. :wink:
Congratulations once again.

Keep it Up!!!

MJ
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Very nice coin, you may have a shipwreck off that beach that will likely be producing for a very long time. If I were you I would hit that beach hard after every storm. It will make you happy I am sure of that. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
HH,
ZDD

goldirocks , your gold coin rocks , i f there were 2 at the 1 place
there could be more , go for the triple ,
best of luck ,,, slak jak .

SouthJerseyJim said:
Wow how do you do it?! It would look reallll nice up on the banner with my flowing hair! Im still looking for my first gold coin...But the colonials weren't very rich ;D 160+ year old french gold = Banner

I don't know how I do it. It just seems to find me :blob7: I have to get you to the beach :tongue3:

WOW!!! That is awesome!!!
Banner for sure!!
:icon_thumright:

Joe

Only in my wildest dreams will I ever find something like that and I would have a heart attack if I did, Congrats on a supper fine :notworthy: Banner fine

WOW!!! way to go Bro!!! I can only dream of finding such a coin.

Wow, what a dream banner find. I think the new sniffer title belongs to you. I'm very excited for you, congratulations on your golden oldie. See you tomorrow if the ground is not frozen... Art

I want to thank you all for your replys. When I first dug the coin I just looked at it. I didn't think it was gold because it said 20 francs on it and sometimes foreign coins are gold in color.I know that sounds stupid but that is what I felt. But I also had the feeling because of the weight and look of the coin that it was real but I didn't want to get to excited. When I had checked out the date and saw that it was 1851 that is when I started to freak out. A coin in this condition had to be real if the date was that old and it was in the shape it is. I couldn't wait to get to the car to call my husband and ask him to look it up to find out if it was the real thing. I flew home literally and figuratively.The rest is History. I can't tell you what a feeling this is and for a second time is a true blessing. I hope that you all get to experience this high in your life time. Thanks Again.

congrats again Diane and congrats for making the banner!! woo hoo!! :hello2: :hello2:

Congrats on your well deserved banner!!! :hello2:
What a beautiful gold coin.
-MM-

Congrats :thumbsup: on the banner! You have an awesome gold coin! I always heard, what happens twice, will happen three times. ;D Breezie

sagittarius98 said:
Definite BANNER! This coin is only worth melt, but is a great find.

I always love these kinds of posts...

Woww what a great find, shame it's only worth melt :angry5:

Momma said "If you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it all "

AWESOME COIN !!! CONGRATS AGAIN !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back