What's new

My Wet & Wild Weekend...Updated With Pics!

River Rat

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
20,871
Reaction score
2,539
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may very be my last hunt in this field, it was cultivated & harrowed and grass seed planted. After Saturday evening, night and Sunday morning rain, I ventured out to see what I could find for the last time. Well, you know it looked like it was clearing and then starts raining again, well I just stayed out there for about 2 hrs. I finally gave up and went to the house to get dried off, dry my hair, lay down take a nap. Get up and wander back to the field. I'm minding my own business when the calves decided they were gonna see what I had on the ATV, my two dogs didn't like them getting too close & gave a chase right towards me in the middle of the field. Using my flipping stick to scare them in the other direction, I lose my balance in the mud and wind up falling right into it. Well, needless to say I look like I was wrestling hogs in the mud. So much for that, this is what I found the 1st trip out, the 2nd trip I found more, still covered with mud, so y'all gonna have to wait on me to clean em up.

539317_2291001692240_1875261932_n.webp 319478_2291003372282_2011588171_n.webp 422460_2291005052324_1187672340_n.webp 539209_2291004412308_161364535_n.webp 539366_2291006412358_247860776_n.webp



390971_2295601647236_1553363151_n.webp 387131_2295592207000_1853783350_n.webp 246946_2295595567084_782133089_n.webp 383850_2295593727038_1076698790_n.webp 419964_2295598247151_1476355692_n.webp 539394_2295597047121_116559271_n.webp 533017_2295589286927_628326523_n.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess you did your last dance in the field for a bit, and you did it with a little class (Slip-n-Slide, Groove-n-Glide).
 
Did the happy dance too. I think my finds were pretty dang good...just got to get them cleaned up. Oh, I forgot to mention that my husband is gonna dig me up a new area sometime in Oct. I hope I can find just as much as I found in this one.
 
Bet you just can't wait!!! Can't wait to see your first find. :icon_thumright:
 
now that's my kind of TH'ing. It's just no fun if there isnt a little adventure while finding goodies. am waiting to see the cleaned specs.
 
In the 2nd pic, @ the bottom, in the middle...I believe it's another piece of quartz crystal. Plus the 2 I'm holding, do not have the Louisiana traditional rock color. This is everything picked up Sunday in the rain.
 
now thats some cool looking findings. Any chance of finding some pottery?
 
Pottery sherds in the 1st pic (upper right). Just don't what I'm gonna do with all the little sherds, chips & flakes...just thinking may decorate my shadow boxes.
 
Great stuff! Love that stemmed point.
 
Looks like great place to hunt.
 
LOL! Good for you! Nice finds, and all that mud and water and green stuff looks great!
 
very nice material
you sure have a good area
you should take a red tobacco tie out there and leave it...then return in a week......
....it may bring you luck...especially if it is gone when you return
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom