N.W. Ariz THunt , Wanta go ?

treasurehunter505

Oct 30, 2007
Re: N.W. Ariz T'Hunt , Wanta go ?

Hey, while you guys are out there see if you can find that old mine thats in the area. Its been abandoned for who knows how long and from what you said you should be pretty close to it so you might walk away with some nice nuggets.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

Cptbil, I can handle that but I have plans for a quick run to Ar the first part of Apr.,then I am heading that way. I have another 2wd drive Merc Mountaineer I need to get rid of and a Taurus too. All I want is a 4wd and either an old jeep/trailer or an atv./trailer. I sure miss my p/u, I sold it to a friend.
I think you are in Texas, I just moved here from Alabama, near Goldville and Hog Mtn., lots of gold mines there. Prospectors left there too early back in 49.
I live in Graham,Tx. now and to go prospecting, I have wander a bit. Rough it too.
I am going to bring my ham radio so I can talk back here and Al, also in case of emergency I can get some attention.
I have a small GPS and then I have the MicroSoft program and a Gps for the Lap Top, so I wont get lost. I don't have a dredge and probably can't use one out there, later if I go to Ca. I will get one. My daughter is having a fit to get out there, she will MD all the time. I am looking forward to this trip. G'Day, Newt

MR----B

Nov 28, 2007
Trego, Montana, all over nevada and Arizona
Detector(s) used
F-4, X-70, Delta 4000

cptbil said:
Mr. gnewt:
We have always a need for a "Camp Sitter" !
We'd be glad to have you :D
What part of the country are you in
When and for how long would you like/able to stay out
As you might have seen, we are going to be out for
quite awhile :P
You can join us at any point/time during the trip
We hope to be in Arizona in around March :P
That'll be our starting point/date
If you're interested & would like more information, drop us a line here and we can arrange to set up a
Phone conference
So far it's...."Doc", Misterbeee, and myself
Plus!
Our "4x4" companions "Aragron & Bugs" !
And Gustos

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

I have to be back in Texas first week in Oct. The Doc wants to see me for a check up. ( If I arsn't busy)

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

I will change my plans again,not the date but the place. That will be no problem
With a GPS and maps . I have a couple of months to research some old mine maps, compare them to topos and find some similar places that have not been tried. Doubt if that's possible with as much hunting that is going on.
I didn't plan on imposing on you guys so I will be in another area.

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Contrary to what most people think, some TH'ing Expeditions, are more than just One or Two People
This is one of those times...
If you can dedicate some serious time, we'd be glad to have you come along :)

(For a day(s) a week(s) or a month)

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

CptBil, I would like to make that trip and yes I could stay with the camp. If I am sitting the camp I would like some good dirt to run through the "Swinging Seventy five " I built and the Desert Fox spiral. I would have to haul 30 gal of water to the camp site. I recycle so that will be all I need. I can get by with thirteen if I have to.May be dumb and I don't know if they work but I would like to get a two box MD ..
When I make the trip and find out your position, I will find you and if it is rough that is what I expect. The longest time I have done this was thirty six hours all day, all night and all the next day, in the mtns. of Turkey, no roads. Had to move some big rocks to get through. GNewt

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Gnewt:
That sounds just like us!
We always have to conserve water...
Or!
Build a road in :P
We normally carry it ( water) in and that's too darn expensive to waste!
Do you have a cell phone?
Depending on where you catch up to us, where and if? there's going to be a stream (wet/dry)
to work ....
We will have a "two box" along with us but as far as needing one
Quien Sabe ? ???

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

I will bring water, some five gal jugs for drinking/and plenty of the bottles that we carry. Other water will be for the spiral and sluice.
Do you think a P/U 4x4 would get over that road?
I will have a Cell phone turned on when I get ready to load. I will need to talk to you guys and find out what you need when I come in, case you run out or forgot something. Like ice maybe. GNewt

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

If I were you, I'd come into camp FIRST! and access the situation;
before hauling all of this water, ATV, etc, in!
For instance, if we are in the Site on the east side of The Bradsahws, there should be water flowing in the creek
If that is the case, I'll have a small portable powered dredge along..
So!
That a "Spiral Washer" would be unneeded
As well as being very slow, effort and time consuming!

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

Treasurehunter505:
You mentioned, Jan 16th, About a Lost Mine in the area?
What lost mine ? ???
Is it in the Bradshaw Mnts, on the Upper, East side , we'll be south of Pine Flat Rd (FR67)

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White

CptBil, Oh, I was going to ask, did you get that gas mileage improved.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

misterbeee said:
cptbil said:
Mr. gnewt:
We have always a need for a "Camp Sitter" !
We'd be glad to have you :D
What part of the country are you in
When and for how long would you like/able to stay out
As you might have seen, we are going to be out for
quite awhile :P
You can join us at any point/time during the trip
We hope to be in Arizona in around March :P
That'll be our starting point/date
If you're interested & would like more information, drop us a line here and we can arrange to set up a
Phone conference
So far it's...."Doc", Misterbeee, and myself
Plus!
Our "4x4" companions "Aragron & Bugs" !
And Gustos

Gustos makes a good campsitter as long as misterbee pays attention when he pesters him at night after eating too much goodies! rofl

Make sure and let me know when you are up in Oregon...gotta atleast meet all of ya!

Fast Randy

Greenie
Feb 17, 2008
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4000

If you guys are still going I would like to tag along. I have property in Meadview and have always wanted to MD for nuggets thier. I retiered a year ago and have been building a log home in Idaho. I'm almost done and I was thinking about going to the GPAA Stanton AZ meet in March to learn some gold mining but I would rather join your expidition if you'll have me. I just got the ok from my wife this weekend to buy a MD and I plan to go all out and buy the Minelab 4000. I have a camp trailer and a 4 X 4 duramax truck. I already Know the area a little.

Randy Thompsen

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007

Randy...

The camper trailer wouldnt work where we are going.too rugged and desolete.send cptbild a pm and we can chat by phone.

regards and happy retirement........

Docc

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx

The photo, of the "Squared off" rock, in "reply" #17, is of,
a Spanish Mine Monument

It is placed on the side of a mesa, in Southern Arizona, just above
the Mine's Tunnel
And
Directly above the Old Mission, way down below, on the canyon floor
It certainly, took a lot of work :P to get this Boulder up to where it is located

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey CptBill, Are you planning on making any trips this year? I always wanted to go to those areas, but never had anyone that wanted to go and I don't want to go by myself as safety is ALWAYS good in numbers. I live in Central Texas, self employed working the motorcycle rally circuit and have plenty of time in between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread