NC FOLKS

Hello, I'm from Alexander NC just above Asheville. Is there a local club or anyone who wants to go detecting? I'm new to this hobby but have been employed in the past as an archaeologist for approx 7 years and have worked for various museums. I have an old turpentine plantation here and other places in the family over in Louisiana to detect. I'm looking for other people to detect with. I also own a sluice box. I'm also a member of the GPAA. Dan

Dan, I think there is a metal detecting club near Hendersonville, possibly Blue Ridge Metal Detecting Club

I am here in visiting North Carolina, Concord to be exact, anyone know of any good metal detecting spots to try while I am visiting family for a few days? Or maybe meet up up to do some detecting together?? Thanks Dave send me a pm if anyone is interested, I am only here until Sunday 17, 2014

My smartphone says I am in Kannapolis, N.C., anyone up for any detecting?? Thanks Dave

Last edited:
My daughter is in Franklin. My son in Erwin Tennessee which you can throw a rock into N.C.and I am in around Murphy / Haysville quite a bit but live " over the mountain" down here in the valley !

I wish I could have better planned out my trip, but my parents decided on short notice that it was time to visit grandma who is 92, I guess it was time to say our goodbyes, grandma isn't in the best of health. oh well, hopefully I can better plan a future trip!! Thanks enamel7 for responding to me.

Anyone have any suggestion spots for a potential future trip?

Any "good places" to hunt around Wilson-Rocky Mount areas?

My son and I goin to concord later(we hope) to pick up some auto parts. Any ideas for a quickie hunt while we are in the area?

New member here in Elizabeth City. Close enough to OBX and VA Bch....so lots of beach options. Just waiting for my new detector to arrive early next week.

I'm in Rowan county, Salisbury near high rock lake area.

I am in Rowan County, Salisbury, West part of town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back