What's new

need help please deciding on new PI machine

tonehob

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro,Minelab,whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOW IS THE TESORO SAND SHARK FOR SALT WATER BEACHES AND HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO OTHER PI'S SUCH AS DETECTOR PRO, WHITES, OR GARRETT. ALSO WHICH WOULD BE A BETTER COIL 8" OR 10" ? Thanks for your help
 
One of the Best!

I love it on my East Coast beaches! I use the 8" coil and have had tremendous success with it. I have also used the Whites, Dual Field, and the Garrett Seahunter. In my opinion, the Sand Shark, at $600.00 is equal to or surpasses the perfomance of both. With the lifetime warranty and ease of use, to me it was an easy choice. Good Luck!
 

Attachments

  • G2.webp
    G2.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 131
  • SixRings.webp
    SixRings.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 144
  • stuff2.webp
    stuff2.webp
    73.1 KB · Views: 142
  • summer2011.webp
    summer2011.webp
    197.1 KB · Views: 142
Terry is of course right on the Sand Shark being the better one. As for coil size the larger one is a bit deeper and the smaller coil is easier to pinpoint with.

BTW, using all capitals is called yelling.
 
The larger one covers 25% more ground. However it acts like a rudder!
 
Considering all of them...since we're talking "SALT WATER" I automatically think of corrosion since I fish salt water. Tesoro has a lifetime warranty...easy decision. Especially if you're out there...a lot!
 
I have had the sand shark for 5 years works great in salt and fresh water beaches. The vco mode works great for pinpointing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom