What's new

need help with this button

scratcher

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
463
Reaction score
45
Golden Thread
0
Can anyone give me an approximate date range on this button from the pics? Or what the design signifies? I think it is brass or copper. It is about 27mm and I think a little thicker than what the pics show. Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • button 004.webp
    button 004.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 208
  • button 005.webp
    button 005.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 205
Nice button.
I would pick an early Victorian design, but it could be older.
Then again, all I know about buttons is what I have learned from T'Net
and that they help keep my trousers up and my shirts closed ;D

Mike
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Cool button. I have found a few like this one that have dated from middle to late 1800's. Almost looks like an "opera" button. HHHH

Agreed, although a '1 piece' it bucks the trend & is most likely late 1800s.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
4-H said:
Cool button. I have found a few like this one that have dated from middle to late 1800's. Almost looks like an "opera" button. HHHH

Agreed, although a '1 piece' it bucks the trend & is most likely late 1800s.

Absolutely. Nice ID, folks. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Mystery coin
Replies
4
Views
547
Replies
6
Views
826

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom