What's new

need help with this item please.

mrtwintower

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
We found this item along an old fence row. It is 4 1/2 inches long and 2 1/4 inches wide. When you pinch the tabs at the top the jaws open. Not sure if its farming related or military as there is an old fort nearby. thanks
 

Attachments

  • DSC03711.webp
    DSC03711.webp
    326.2 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC03711.webp
    DSC03711.webp
    86.1 KB · Views: 346
I wish I had a clue. That is an interesting piece. Hope someone can ID it. Nice find.
 
Upvote 0
I found one very similar on a rev war redoubt site. I believe it to be an antique spring clip from a draw bar. I will try to find it and post a photo . also in the are were two coins- a 1728 King George copper, and 1721 two real piece
 
Upvote 0
we have tried to make out the letters or numbers. no real luck. it seems the last four numbers are 1849. not sure though
 
Upvote 0
July 17th...I think this is it or something similar
 

Attachments

  • yolkpin.webp
    yolkpin.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
From total mystery to nailed in 7 hours, 27 minutes ! ...........Gotta be a record of some sort

Nice job w/ the ID !

Diggem'
 
Upvote 0
daroofa said:
July 17th...I think this is it or something similar
Killer ID daroofa. Farkoff was right.
 
Upvote 0
Wow!! Daroofa the detective solves another one. thanks so much. what a great piece of history. An old trade route called the abercrombie trail went thru this area. The ox carts hauled goods from between winnipeg and st. paul. This must have come from one of them.Thanks again!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom