What's new

Need help with this whatsit

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure of what this item is. It is made of cast brass and approximately 7 - 8 inches long. Looks like a hook for something? Any help image1.webpis appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • image1.webp
    image1.webp
    679.8 KB · Views: 89
I believe there should be another one like it, and is used to pull your Cowboy boots on.
 
Upvote 0
Is that a patent date?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I believe there should be another one like it, and is used to pull your Cowboy boots on.

I guess if you are serious that could be a thought.
 
Upvote 0
I guess I could be wrong, Boot hooks are different.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm going with the pot hook the little flat part is for keeping the hot pot or lid from touching the tip of your thumb.
 
Upvote 0
It is made of cast brass and approximately 7 - 8 inches long.

eight inches.webp

I'm having trouble with scale on this piece... Can you put something in the pic to help?

Have you tried to open a beer bottle with it?
 
Upvote 0
Looks more like NO than 10 and in the hole looks like more alpha numerics to the right of the N. and perhaps another N across from the from the NO. Then on the left side from the NO ... more photos are needed !

My eyes are bad but if you see NO, could it be Nov 1, 27? (1927)

A patent date would be a huge clue.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom