Need help

OP
OP
D

Deepgold

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was from when I could barely remember to about 14. I faintly remember him showing me once which poll but that was a long time ago. About 24-25 years at least.

OP
OP
D

Deepgold

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Death and taxes are the only for sured in life. I think most of us here are hoping to find a treasure. I just happen to have a lead on one. It's possible nothing is there and I know that also.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep

So you heard a story as a kid yet are so sure that it is under the cornerpost and not near it that you won't even drive over there and swing your thing?

Makes alot of sense to me.

V

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep

So you heard a story as a kid yet are so sure that it is under the cornerpost and not near it that you won't even drive over there and swing your thing?

Makes alot of sense to me.

V
Vor,this tale seems to be a variation on the "I know where treasure is buried,but the government,or other circumstances won't let me dig it up" stories of another poster on these threads.
Coincidence?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Vor,this tale seems to be a variation on the "I know where treasure is buried,but the government,or other circumstances won't let me dig it up" stories of another poster on these threads.
Coincidence?

ECS-How many times since joining T-net in March, have YOU actually dug for treasure? Give us an honest answer or shut up. I have driven thousands of miles and dug in many places. Did I dig up treasure? No. At least I tried unlike the many armchair treasure hunters on this forum. Give Deepgold some of your awesome advice or stay away.

OP
OP
D

Deepgold

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we keep it on topic? If you don't believe me or the story that's fine.

The LRL I have not seen work before and I am not sure if those are legit. The other tools I know work like a MD.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have been told that if a treasure is buried by someone it still belongs to them no matter who the present owner of the property is. I do not know for a fact that this is true. Check with a real estate lawyer in the state it is buried. If it is true you can claim that your grandfather intended for this treasure to be yours. In fact he even showed you where it was before he died. Put on an orange vest, a hardhat, get a very long posthole digger, a metal detector, pick a corner and start diggiing. If someone tries to stop you tell them your looking for something that belongs to you.

There are dowsers that you can privately send a Google Earth photo to that claim that can show you where to dig. This may not work and could be no better than chance but it gives you a starting point. Do not tell them anything about your story. See if they mark gold near a post. Start with a photo from way up. If they pinpoint something send a new image zoomed in. Good luck with however you try it.

I was shown what I believe to be many treasure locations. At the time I intended to come back and dig them up. I kept putting it off for one reason or another. Now it is over 20 years later. Some spots I can never dig and some spots I cannot find my way back to. Time flies even when your not having fun.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS-How many times since joining T-net in March, have YOU actually dug for treasure? Give us an honest answer or shut up. I have driven thousands of miles and dug in many places. Did I dig up treasure? No. At least I tried unlike the many armchair treasure hunters on this forum. Give Deepgold some of your awesome advice or stay away.
When counting all the dig holes made
To find where treasure may be laid
Only finding a cesspool or a dead dog's grave
Time to get a BURMA SHAVE!

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When counting all the dig holes made
To find where treasure may be laid
Only finding a cesspool or a dead dog's grave
Time to get a BURMA SHAVE!

Two can play this game,
your poems are kind of lame,
do you ever actually go out to hunt,
Big Dog does cause he's not the runt.

Talk is cheap and that's all you do,
I dig for gold, you have no clue,
you sit in your chair playing with your mouse,
grow up and be a real man, get out of the house.

OP
OP
D

Deepgold

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you again for all the ideas guys and gals. Spring thaw is coming soon.

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My honest opinion,
Contact your nearest college or university with an archaeology department.
Talk to one of the professors and have them schedule a state sanctioned excavation.

JOHUNT

Sep 24, 2009
Southern tier of New York
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than down and dirty digging, I wonder if your gramps was actually implying the style of post and that it's actually under one on the farm that has now changed hands. ???

OP
OP
D

Deepgold

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An Archie to help? No way am I going to let a glorified grave robber help me. It can sit in the dirt before it happens.

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, u said the ones at the house were the same style. i would try detecting around, and probing under them. even pull some up, for practice. you might learn something. and finally, go get hypnotized. if this place is near virginia and ya need some help, you know where to find me.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
deep gold --- glorified grave robber --- ho ho ho, man i love that one. the best i've heard in many years. but don't stop there, they also have to threaten folks with a jail term if you don't tell them what they require from you. not only that, i have seen many places where they dig holes and DO NOT refill them. i am all for refilling my did holes but we sure catch hell for not refilling one. i also like to refill and camouflage it where possible. i don't like to be trailed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread