need name of Admiralty ship lost in gulf

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying you out as a resource. I tried to work with the head archeologist in Texas I gave her the description of the ship, number of cannon,and the gold. She says they have the name of the ship in their data base but won’t give it to me because “Treasure hunters” would try to pursue it. She admits it’s a Spanish admiralty ship, so it belongs to Spain. She says I have to excavate it at my cost and have to have their permission and that there is no finder’s fee. (They don’t even have a museum to put it in). We are talking well over $500 million in just gold here). Well then I guess I should go talk to Spain and see if they would share some the 16 boxes of gold coins, and the 20 brass cannon(and 28 iron). And yes it is a complete ship worms can’t get to it.
This one is a large ship, probably at least 140 feet long, (that makes me think late 1600s or newer?) the boxes of coins are 46 to 58 inches long(stacked?) and have a space of about 24 inches between them. There is a area I call the Kings fifth that has a section 4 feet by 9 feet of gold and a section of silver that is 5 feet by 9 feet(both at the very back of the ship).

Now, can anyone tell me what he name of it could be?

It’s roughly between Port Elizabeth and Galveston. I know that’sa big area but this is a very big Admiralty ship–couldn’t be too many of them that sank in that area. I know about the three on SPI and they were too small. What is the big deal about letting me know the name of the ship? I am ticked, our taxes pay for these people’s research and wages, yet they can hide this information from us? The ship and all of the artifacts belong in a museum I want that part done right - but I’m not giving up the location without a cut of some kind. What loss to Texas if I have to go work with the Spanish!

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If it's not the 1553 fleet like you said then the only other ship I can think of is the Capitana of General Diego de Rivera that sank in 1591. I have news for you. Spain will not work with treasure hunters either. They want it all. Look what happened to Odyssey.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curtis, I have some idea about what you have to do, but I want to negotiate with you in private. I sent you a PM.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's not the 1553 fleet like you said then the only other ship I can think of is the Capitana of General Diego de Rivera that sank in 1591. I have news for you. Spain will not work with treasure hunters either. They want it all. Look what happened to Odyssey.

Salvor, you talk about the Nuestra Señora del Rosario 1591? Capitana of Diego de la Ribera?

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes Vox. That's the one wrecked off the Texas coast.

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious. The ship is buried so "the worms can't get in", yet you know exactly how many cannon she carried and their composition. You also know exactly how many "boxes of gold" were aboard and nearly their exact dimensions, etc., etc. How did you gather this information without excavating the ship?

If you have already begun excavation without a permit, your ass is already in a sling if you get caught. If the ship really is a Spanish sunken military craft you are NEVER going to legally salvage her if US courts have jurisdiction.

You could always turn pirate...

OP
OP
Curtis

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot excavate it, I am a teacher so there just isn't funds for it. As for the way I gathered the info - its newer technology. Its been developed and works similar to some satellite imagery. Lets just say I can locate an object and map the different items by their element. I have mapped the ship's bigger contents, and due to the spacing of the cannon and the elements they contain I know roughly how long the ship is and how wide. The boxes of gold and silver coins are done the same way. I can tell you the length and width but not the depth of the boxes. Cool-right?...so let me tell you there are a bunch of ships right off the coast that have gold and silver in them. I have triangulated them and at least 6 are less than 5 miles out-but what good does it do if you are not allowed to excavate?

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So it's under the mud where worms can't get to it. And your new tech "sees" 16 boxes of gold coins? (as I leave to go make popcorn)

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Yet another unnamed technology. Is it satellite based? A towed array? Boat mounted? If the tech actually exists, there will be someone here that knows who makes it and what the capabilities are. Being vague about the location is fine, but your claims about an unnamed tech warrant questions.

I would consider popcorn but it is time for coffee.

Last edited:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have triangulated them and at least 6 are less than 5 miles out-but what good does it do if you are not allowed to excavate?

My goodness, what a story. Not quite sure how you determined the cargo, yet don't know the vessel. Just a hint for you, the $500 million valuation has been very overused.

I see that you mention 'similar' to sat technology, perhaps you could be a little more specific. If it is Google Earth based, I would be very suspect of the findings.

I think you have a much better chance of making money by selling this technology, than trying to recover a Spanish wreck.

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My satellite guy uses the same technology. He takes a satellite image of the area and then swings his pendulum over the image. He then gets a mental image of what's down there. It works every time.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My satellite guy uses the same technology. He takes a satellite image of the area and then swings his pendulum over the image. He then gets a mental image of what's down there. It works every time.

I have a few questions, if shipworms can not get to it how did you find it, how do u know what son it, doesn't sound right to me, and let me remind you unless someone can prove what it is ( as in Military owned or in service by that country) then its yours to record ( not because it carried two cannon on it) the navy, nor any country can lay claim to it,
if it is a military ship and it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. I would not touch it.Unless u have a agreement in writing from the Country, just the right way to do it
I hope I did not misunderstand the tread, give me a year and I can help you with name

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it is better to keep it quite. And work it covertly. I would not lift a finger to Give Spain back anything when they stole it in the first place.
Also Texas is one of the worst states dealing with Shipwrecks.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell us you are not trying to use synthetic aperture radar, or blue green laser developed by CSIRO in Australia or Mel Fisher's squirkometer to find what you claim?

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swath bathymetry, then sub bottom profiler or dousing rods?

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you guys know.the satellite technology works every time as long as the right people work the sites.lets just say that there is so so many away from the coast of any state or Country not to worry about whom might have the claim for them.Texas,Florida eastern sea board has so many treasure wreck as countries like Jamaica,Antigua,Bahamas and so on.Yes some has been surveyed if that is one of your questions but we are at this time working on the less problematic sites .

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Just to let you guys know.the satellite technology works every time as long as the right people work the sites.lets just say that there is so so many away from the coast of any state or Country not to worry about whom might have the claim for them.Texas,Florida eastern sea board has so many treasure wreck as countries like Jamaica,Antigua,Bahamas and so on.Yes some has been surveyed if that is one of your questions but we are at this time working on the less problematic sites .

Well I can tell you it does not work and we proved it, Four times we evaluated satellite use, and I can tell you 100 % it does not work, every time there was nothing there.

I will prove it here, I can give you an area we have surveyed, and identified all targets, I will give you GPS readings of an area you tell me whats there.

I am ready anytime

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Black Duck, my group came to the exact same conclusion. Since LRLs died out somewhat 15 years ago, satellite tech has been touted as the new miracle tech. Our mining guys said the best it can do is give a general area that may be better for mining than other nearby areas. Even then, it is often wrong. There is absolutely no way it works in underwater applications regarding shipwrecks or their cargoes.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Black Duck, my group came to the exact same conclusion. Since LRLs died out somewhat 15 years ago, satellite tech has been touted as the new miracle tech. Our mining guys said the best it can do is give a general area that may be better for mining than other nearby areas. Even then, it is often wrong. There is absolutely no way it works in underwater applications regarding shipwrecks or their cargoes.

GME will test anything to see if it works, we are here to eliminate possibilities, so we are left with facts and good data and accurate ways to do what we do.
There is no easy way to find shipwrecks like magic, we have just made it easier by having a model and good equipment that really works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread