What's new

need old williamson county maps

blessingspoint

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone know were I can get any old maps of williamson county online or that someone can e-mail me. I have some old plot maps and the old county line maps but I am looking for some locations from the late 1800- early 1900
 
Go to the local librarys, see if any have the old Atlases done preferably in the 1860's and again in the 1890's. Reason for this difference is it may show where one or two of the original townsites were before the railroads came in. Many towns, especially up this way, disappeared or moved based on the routes the railroads set up during the late 1860's and 1870's. We have four ghost towns within 20 minutes of my house, just plowed fields now that once had P.O.'s, schools and churches.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom