What's new

Need opinions

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I picked this thing up a few weeks back and it's been in my truck since then. Can any of you see evidence of man's alteration? I have looked at it so long, I'm no longer any help to myself.

image-2934351852.webp



image-703024002.webp



image-2282558720.webp



image-4174327819.webp



image-114205488.webp



image-54813211.webp

If it was ever any thing more than a rock, time has put a really heavy hand on it. The piece that came to my mind is the one below. It's in a museum and is a much harder stone.

image-389594118.webp



image-2017720357.webp

Thanks for putting up with my far from nice finds. I can't help myself. The pieces I see a small possibility in are the ones that interest me the most. I find decent stuff, but I know all that any one else knows about those. Therefor, posting them gets boring for all of us.
 
Upvote 0
The one in the bottom pictures shows obvious work around the edges and a sharpened blade. Your piece doesn't show any of that in the pics you posted. It has the same shape, but I would bet it's just natural. If it had been used as a Hoe/Digger/Spade of some kind it would show polish on the blade end.
 
I can't tell real well is that a small groove cut in the one side?
 
Looks like it was used for sharpening or abrading bone or wood but can't tell real well without holding it idk I would of picked it up lol
 
The shape does catch your eye, but like you said time has been tough on it. Cool find:thumbsup:
 
Nice try NC but reaper is correct. IDK why but it is much easier to spot a natural one when somebody else finds it. :icon_scratch:
 
The shape is attractive, but that type of stone, (looks like sedimentary) frequently, there`s that word again! has imprints of sticks or bark pressed into it. It needs to return to the earth.
 
The shape is attractive, but that type of stone, (looks like sedimentary) frequently, there`s that word again! has imprints of sticks or bark pressed into it. It needs to return to the earth.


that's right

well rusty my friend
we call those "40 footers"..........from 40 feet away they have the silhouette of something.......but up close ...nope

now put that in yer flowerbed or something b4 i tell Barry
 
The shape is attractive, but that type of stone, (looks like sedimentary) frequently, there`s that word again! has imprints of sticks or bark pressed into it. It needs to return to the earth.

Lol! These are frequent!!
 
that's right

well rusty my friend
we call those "40 footers"..........from 40 feet away they have the silhouette of something.......but up close ...nope

now put that in yer flowerbed or something b4 i tell Barry

I already gave it to Barry. 40 footers. That's a good one. I have seen women like that. Nice from afar, but far from nice! Lol! Thanks everyone. I pretty well knew what the masses vote would be. Still wanted to get the opinions!
 
Looks like a Dangit to me. There is allot of Dangits in these creeks around me.
 
Nice thing about Dangits is most of the time you don`t have to carry them home, but now and then they get there and usually end up in the flower garden or part of a wall.
 
Nice thing about Dangits is most of the time you don`t have to carry them home, but now and then they get there and usually end up in the flower garden or part of a wall.

I'll tell you the truth, I got enough of these to build a wall that dwarfs the Great Wall of China. After building the wall, I would still have some left to build flower beds around the wall.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom