What's new

Need some help for Diggers show

Let's put it to rest now .... Diggers and American Diggers are just trying to make a buck like every one else..............If you don't like the show don't watch it..........What is this call the networks email them i don't like something so no one should watch it................. So why don't we just shut them down so they can not make it........ Because you don't like something it is no reason to shut it down.......That's like i don't like guns so no one should like guns or own them....... Or i like guns so everyone should like and own guns.......... I see a lot of rotten attitude's here on Tnet....................
 
We havent quit our day jobs, we all still work full time and detect on the weekends. The premeer had over 4 million viewers according to the network which was great for Nat Geo, Why should the way we talk bothers some I will never know, We dont talk like that all the time but it is terminology we use just the same. Im sure that most use some form of terminology. We jump around and scream when we find something good and we have done that for years, even when the camera isnt rolling although it usually is because we have been making DVDs for a long time. We follow the code of ethics regularly as I have given up many a find to homeowners that wanted to keep what I have found, we just didnt show it on the premeer because of time constraints. As this post is titled we are just looking for some good ideas to add to our list for the network of places to detect with a good history value, and we have gotten some great ideas and places from many supporting members. I am the only one from the team that frequents the forum and I love talking about this hobby just as much as the next guy. I dont get offended by comments because I know that the people who enjoy the DVDs and the show out weigh the ones who dont. We hope to make a great show for all to watch, and I am hoping that they are closer to the DVDs than anything. HH
 
We havent quit our day jobs, we all still work full time and detect on the weekends. The premeer had over 4 million viewers according to the network which was great for Nat Geo, Why should the way we talk bothers some I will never know, We dont talk like that all the time but it is terminology we use just the same. Im sure that most use some form of terminology. We jump around and scream when we find something good and we have done that for years, even when the camera isnt rolling although it usually is because we have been making DVDs for a long time. We follow the code of ethics regularly as I have given up many a find to homeowners that wanted to keep what I have found, we just didnt show it on the premeer because of time constraints. As this post is titled we are just looking for some good ideas to add to our list for the network of places to detect with a good history value, and we have gotten some great ideas and places from many supporting members. I am the only one from the team that frequents the forum and I love talking about this hobby just as much as the next guy. I dont get offended by comments because I know that the people who enjoy the DVDs and the show out weigh the ones who dont. We hope to make a great show for all to watch, and I am hoping that they are closer to the DVDs than anything. HH
Like i said before i have all your DVD's and i do like them........ 4 million people watched the show ..... So it will be on again congrats........ That's a lot of viewer's
 
Last edited:
My recommendations:

A. Cancel the show
B. If "A" won't work, see below
C. Quit the silly antics
D. Lose the silly terminology NO ONE ever uses except the show clowns
E. Make it educational
F. See Sam 8's post above. He nailed it, otherwise.

If you dont use the term roundness then your just a round head....and for licking the coins im pretty sure everyone does it
 
If you dont use the term roundness then your just a round head....and for licking the coins im pretty sure everyone does it

I've said "it's round" already while digging a target :laughing7: But for some reason Yelling "I Got Roundness " on TV sounded lame.

as for licking the coins, you say your pretty sure everyone does it. I'll take that Wager, if you Want to bet on it.
although I Have hunted with one person who licked them to try & see date, he is a "rare bird". there
should (Could) be a book written about his antics. like making it in the national enquirer ripping the head
off a pigeon, & chasing a lady down the sidewalk, with his car, in front of a church, while the cops
sitting there watching.
anyway I'll wet a coin & rub it with my Thumb or Shirt, but never Licked a coin out the ground.
can't say I Never had one in my Mouth, I was a Child for several years 8-)
 
Licking a coin is usually reserved for something great although I too lick coins to see the date often because I dont want to spit on it cause thats gross:0) Its like kissing a fish. or taking a bite of an elk heart after the kill., if we find a seated coin we have to lick it for sure.
 
Aww man, I had to marry every thing I licked.. I mean, sure, there was roundness, but back in those days you didn't see that kind of thing on Nat Geo! :icon_thumleft:
 
I'd be happy to pint them in the direction that I could see working for the show.

Shoot me a PM and I will give you my contact info so you can have someone call me for some ideas to help the show.
 
Montanagold, I did like the show in general. It did tend to focus on the finds, though. How to make it better?

Neither detectorist featured on the show had an over the top personality. Having a larger group say 4 to 6 people or getting a very warm knowledgeable veteran would help. Show how to reasearch, getting permision (the actual converstions), proper digging and filling in of holes. Teach all aspects of detecting. Have a spotlight segment on a club or detectorist, show there finds and give a short interview. Show the trash found. Discuss equipment. Have a giveaway. Use more than one brand and model of detector. Don,t over value finds. Develop a format for the show and stick to it.

I am done for now. I think I could put a good show on but I have neither the time or money needed right now. Who knows maybe some time?

Ed D.
 
Yeh alot of shows dont cover how and why they came to hunt the area or how they came across the location researching is a big part and not talked about alot
 
I really don't think you need help for your show....... You have been makeing DVD's for years now....... And with 4 million viewers...... I just don't think you need help..... You know what they say if it's not broke don't fix it....... If you get help to fix something that is not broke ...... The help could cut your viewers down to 1 million......... You guys have been hunting for years ..... Found a lot of good things... Could be you found more than the ones criticizing and makeing fun of you........... So what kind of help would that be...... Remember when at work no matter what kind of work every one knows more than the boss...... They think........ Like i said if they don't like the show they don't have to watch it............. I think they can switch to some thing else.....
 
I've noticed that the show is alot like Auction Hunters. It has the same disclaimer at the start saying its about there best finds and such. I'd like to see them dig pull tabs nails and the beat up aluminum cans. Not diving 40 feet to find an intact 300 year old canon.
 
just thought of a P.S.

Can Tabs, Zinc Pennies, Lumps of Aluminum foil & Rusted Iron Trash.
It's there. Show It !

Dont forget beer bottle screw caps...think i dug 5 pounds of them today...
 
I've noticed that the show is alot like Auction Hunters. It has the same disclaimer at the start saying its about there best finds and such. I'd like to see them dig pull tabs nails and the beat up aluminum cans. Not diving 40 feet to find an intact 300 year old canon.
They are talking about diggers here..... You are talking about American diggers ...Two different shows... ....
 
Last edited:
I think adding a 26 year old female to your show would boost the ratings.

*raises hand*

I can be the one who cracks jokes while finding all of the rusty nails, pull-tabs, and tinfoil. :tongue3:
 
Last edited:
I like that idea Mass it could be bikini metal detecting, Then everyone would like the show archies and haters alike.


show ideas and places are going great thanks to some of you, I have forwarded all of your contact information for the ones who PMed me to the producer. Thanks all
 
Please tell me there are going to be no more episodes of this show...
 
I Like the idea of showing MDing in a positive light..recovering lost items and donating historical artifacts to museums or local historical societies as well as property owners would be good. Also, showcasing the ethics would present the hobby in a positive light to the public. I also think it would be great to introduce a female detectorist to attract more viewership- sorry, but I think right now, they are discriminating out 50% of their potential views..this may also hopefully attract more women to the hobby...and for God's sake, pick a woman that's NOT all glammed out with low cut tops and short shorts..just a regular gal who is not afraid to get her hands dirty:notworthy:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom