What's new

need some help on a ax head

musky44

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
386
Reaction score
40
Golden Thread
0
Location
west viginia
IMG_0948.webpIMG_0954.webpIMG_0958.webpIMG_0953.webpIMG_0955.webpfound my first true ax head. was wondering if u guys could help me out on what type it is. it has no grooves at all on either side, just notches on the top and bottom. ive seen plenty of pictures and held other ax heads but nothing like this one. was wondering if u guys may have something like it or may know more about it. if so would love to hear your opinions. it measures 8 " by 4 1/2". its made of chert and polished pretty well out by the bit, sorta rough the rest of the way back towards the backend.it seems a lot thinner than others ive seen, probably only 1" at its thickest point. also found the small point in the same area.
 
Upvote 0
Nice one Musky. I like that notch. Good wear on that bit too. It did its job I imagine.
 
thanks guys. I think it will deffinetly go on display in my collection.
 
Muskey, check out what I found today. It's nowhere near the quality of yours, but I do believe they are in the same family. This one is weathered out and has plow damage galore. Still, speak of the devil. Lol!

image-3656218425.webp



image-2956217682.webp



image-3712301969.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom