What's new

Needle?

Swartzie

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
791
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At first I thought it was just a nail, but then I noticed it was tapered and looked funny on the wide end. On the wide end you can see two protrusions like there used to be a loop there for the yarn or whatever to go through. I showed my wife and she thought it looks like a needle.

Thanks for looking.
-Swartzie
 

Attachments

  • unknown_a.webp
    unknown_a.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 261
  • unknown_b.webp
    unknown_b.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 262
  • unknown_c.webp
    unknown_c.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 250
I assume it is iron. Try some electrolysis and see what that might reveal.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
HERES MINE FROM A FUR TRADE SITE
 

Attachments

  • Picture 039.webp
    Picture 039.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Picture 039.webp
    Picture 039.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
I assume it is iron. Try some electrolysis and see what that might reveal.

Daryl

I would try electrolysis, but I'm not that experienced in it yet. Too often I seem to flake off a piece or two of the object I'm trying to clean. Need more practice.
-Swartzie
 
Upvote 0
Hardy said:
HERES MINE FROM A FUR TRADE SITE

That's freaking awesome Hardy. I also saw your awl. Who says digging iron ain't no fun. I guess it all depends on the site.
-Swartzie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom