What's new

NEW CONTEST

Gassed up and drove to Stihl Dealership.
One Thousand Dollars later and I'm last.
 

Attachments

  • 20180604_114740.webp
    20180604_114740.webp
    551.1 KB · Views: 60
Hey hey
You you
Get into my
Last
Who.me?
Yes you!
Get into my
Last
 
I am no longer allowed in stores that carry any kind of tools
 
Lmao....it's is easy to go crazy!
Wind, what all did you buy? Did you end up getting that phone number?????
Last
I am no longer allowed in stores that carry any kind of tools
 
What man toy did you buy?

Yep, bought a hedge trimmer by Stihl, 2 new chains for my chainsaws, and an Extension Pole Chainsaw by Stihl. Of course, you have to get the old chains sharpened and pick up oil for the bar & chain w/ 12 small pre-measured containers of 2 stroke oil.
It adds up pretty quick. I did get an $80 discount.
I figure I'm saving money by taking down these trees myself. The contractor is getting $200 a tree. I've taken down and cut up 15 trees. The extension pole chain saw is for pruning some low hanging branches on some huge pine trees that will remain. I also have some apple trees that need to be pruned.
I have about 10 more trees to take down. That will total around 25 trees that I'll have toppled. That represents a savings of $5,000., (25 × $200 ea.)
So, investing a thousand is a good investment and I now have these tools to use in the future.
 
Last edited:
Agreed
Sounds like a good decision
Yep, bought a hedge trimmer by Stihl, 2 new chains for my chainsaws, and an Extension Pole Chainsaw by Stihl. Of course, you have to get the old chains sharpened and pick up oil for the bar & chain w/ 12 small pre-measured containers of 2 stroke oil.
It adds up pretty quick. I did get an $80 discount.
I figure I'm saving money by taking down these trees myself. The contractor is getting $200 a tree. I've taken down and cut up 15 trees. The extension pole chain saw is for pruning some low hanging branches on some huge pine trees that will remain. I also have some apple trees that need to be pruned.
I have about 10 more trees to take down. That will total around 25 trees that I'll have toppled. That represents a savings of $5,000., (25 × $200 ea.)
So, investing a thousand is a good investment and I now have these tools to use in the future.
 
Rain this morning but the sum is bright now. With a nice breeze, it's cool enough to get some yard work done.
Last
 
broke 90 degrees today
 
I pruned 3 pine trees that had massive low hanging branches. Cut 3 trees down, one was dead but standing. Those are called widow makers. You never know which way they will fall or if they will come down in one piece.
 
Widow makers are baaaaaad news
Last
 
I pruned 3 pine trees that had massive low hanging branches. Cut 3 trees down, one was dead but standing. Those are called widow makers. You never know which way they will fall or if they will come down in one piece.

Are you removing the stumps too? Falling a tree is fun. Removing the stump is a pain in the rear.

Last
 
I have a contractor coming in to dig a trench across the back of the property. The purpose of the trench is to capture and divert water away from the lawn and into 2 ditches on the sides of the property. (I have 2 springs on the hill in the back of my property). His Excavator will pull the stumps out of the way. These pine trees don't have deep roots.
 
Last edited:
When we bought our house we had a huge stump in the back of our property....I went out and would burn boxes, leaves, brush, etc. And by our second year stump was gone and now you cannot tell it was ever there. Old timer here told me to do that....worked great.
Last
Are you removing the stumps too? Falling a tree is fun. Removing the stump is a pain in the rear.

Last
 
Well, it's time to say goodbye to today and hello to tomorrow. I don't know if I'm the last LAST or the first LAST but I am last
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom