Other
Bummer, I slept through it last night.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still Impressed.
Still better then all the others before it
Well i will say all treasure hunters hunt for the dream whether it is there or not .. And always hoping it will be there . And for the most part it is never there but we still hunt...... So that makes this show interesting .Not like all the beep & dig shows i can not stand to watch..

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i will say all treasure hunters hunt for the dream whether it is there or not .. And always hoping it will be there . And for the most part it is never there but we still hunt...... So that makes this show interesting .Not like all the beep & dig shows i can not stand to watch..

I like the others too but so far this on seems to be a bit more serious.
now that they found what may be a map drawn in a cave,
I dont think they will file it and move on to something completely different.
like the Morons did on Oak island with the money pit & the swamp & trip to Europe :BangHead:

or the guys looking for KGC payments who would detect metal, Say it's a possible
cache and then move on saying "Well dig it later " then come back after someone has a chance to spike it.

at least I'm hoping not.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, treasure generally doesn't jump up and bite you, it stays hidden till you find and dig it up.
Wonder if they have some kind of contract to collect gold pit vipers for research?

Kevlar suit may work.
Well I learned the encrusted silver coins are called cookies. You'd think they'd have their own treasure expert on board. :icon_scratch:
I didn't get a good look at the symbol they found in the crevice, what was it?

I think it was Wednesday night I found a repeat showing of the first episode, so the second episode may repeat also.
If they are drinking rum before "each" show there may be a good reason the snake guy passes out in a future episode. :laughing7:

So far I like the show it's interesting, as long as aliens and ghosts don't appear in the script...but if someone yells "nectar!"....I don't know ??? Depends on what they find. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was Obvious the coins they showed the Shop owner were cleaned first.
They probably did do Electrolysis themselves before
taking them for ID. they may also have already known what they were & just did the shop
thing for Drama too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have the first episode saved.
Didn't they say they were out there for the duration ?

In which case they would not have gotten the coins into the shop until
filming for the season was Done.
they may have even got them professionally done by the shop owner & the
hiding things from him Play acting for the editors.

if they are hours away from a hospital , even by air, how far from shore are they by Boat ?
The Navy supposedly wonder why they were there so long too :laughing7:

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So you recomend this? I missed it too, But i respect your opinions on these shows

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I missed the first few minutes. They were looking at the coin when I tuned in.
I got to say those snakes are different. Around here they hide in the rocks or caves.
There they hang out mainly in the trees. Must be bird eaters. I expected to see them run into snakes in the caves, but they lucked out.
It appears to be interesting in that the big thing is the quest for treasure, not harping on personal problems or pleasures as in other shows.
I like the fact that they didn't slang it out or get over dramatic in there reactions.
I will catch the beginning on the reshow. They usually have several. Frank

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coins would not be hard to clean. Just think that every atocha coin was cleaned and graded. I think the shop keeper and the I.D was for the drama. So far it is light years above any other treasure hunting show,. ( not counting Gold Rush/mining and 1000 ounce goals).

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think their time limit is 2 months, because of their permit and the weather will turn bad.
I think they said there is an occupied island about 20 miles away. It's hard to tell how long they are aboard the boat and if they are staying at snake Island site or taking the boat back to shore daily. I'm guessing there are two boats, one the filming crew is on and the Treasure hunters on the other.

From what has been shown of the Island so far, one side of it looks like rocky cliffs and the other side has trees and plants. So, do you think the treasure is buried in the among the trees or in a crevice/cave on the rocky side?

If migrating birds are the only food available for the snakes it makes sense the snakes would be in the trees.

I wonder if they won't find the treasure in these first 9 episodes so there will be a second season next summer?

Scorch

Nov 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only two shows, and its already got Oak island and "Supers" beat hands down. Think the only gold they'll find is the Lanceheads

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On show 1 they show a map of the island that supposedly surfaced in the 1500's, with an X on it........so c'mon people....let's head to the X.

dredging an old wreck is cool, but proves nothing related to the treasure......head to the x.

Why dodge snakes any longer than necessary?

HEAD TO THE X.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On show 1 they show a map of the island that supposedly surfaced in the 1500's, with an X on it........so c'mon people....let's head to the X.

dredging an old wreck is cool, but proves nothing related to the treasure......head to the x.

Why dodge snakes any longer than necessary?

HEAD TO THE X.

Makes me wonder if the crew of the sunken ship all died of snake bite on the island & the ship
rotted & sunk.

or if Pirates Sunk it.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be the pirates sank the ship while the crew was burying treasure on the island.
If the ship was left to rot wouldn't it have broken up and a lot of it drifted on to shore?

That is the question of the day Gold Maven, If they have the "X marks the spot" map why tour the snake infested island?
Why risk your life looking for treasure signs, unless they don't fully believe the map. You would think they would check "X" first and eliminate it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions