What's new

🥇 BANNER New England tree coin hoard back story

TRHNTR

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
229
Golden Thread
0
Location
MASS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been detecting a very old coastal area of southern New England where I’ve had permission to hunt for a few years now. The land has a long history of early colonial activity and agriculture, and over time I’ve pulled a mix of cut coins, cobs, tree coin fragments, and other early artifacts from the general region.
On this particular outing, I was working one of the older fields I’ve hit many times before. The signals were faint, scattered, and very deep – most were 10 to 12 inches down. After slowing down and re-gridding the area, the coins started turning up one by one. It was one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments you can’t really prepare for.

Out of respect for the landowners and the history of the site, I’ll keep the exact location private, but I’m incredibly grateful for the find and happy to share the story with the community.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0618.webp
    IMG_0618.webp
    764.3 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0840.webp
    IMG_0840.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 380
Apreciate the backstory! Your dedication and persistence paid off and now more of our early colonial history is preserved.
 
Youve got people across multiple platforms following you and this amazing bunch of finds! Im in southern new england too but ive never found a pine tree coin! I know of others that have. Congratulations! You should contact your detector manufacturer and see if you can get free stuff in exchange for publicity for the detector brand. Id say good luck but you already have it hahaha
 
ok
Youve got people across multiple platforms following you and this amazing bunch of finds! Im in southern new england too but ive never found a pine tree coin! I know of others that have. Congratulations! You should contact your detector manufacturer and see if you can get free stuff in exchange for publicity for the detector brand. Id say good luck but you already have it hahaha
thanks, Benny 🤙
 
Congratulation for the success! A beautyfulls pieces s of history in your hand!:occasion14:
 
I’ve been detecting a very old coastal area of southern New England where I’ve had permission to hunt for a few years now. The land has a long history of early colonial activity and agriculture, and over time I’ve pulled a mix of cut coins, cobs, tree coin fragments, and other early artifacts from the general region.
On this particular outing, I was working one of the older fields I’ve hit many times before. The signals were faint, scattered, and very deep – most were 10 to 12 inches down. After slowing down and re-gridding the area, the coins started turning up one by one. It was one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments you can’t really prepare for.

Out of respect for the landowners and the history of the site, I’ll keep the exact location private, but I’m incredibly grateful for the find and happy to share the story with the community.
Holy Cow!!!! That’s Incredible!!!!! Outstanding Finds!!!!!!!!!!!! Banner Time!!!!
 
IF those are real, they'd be worth north of $200.000!!!
 
Great finds. Congratulations!
 
Congratulations, you did it, it's a beauty!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom