new guy from Iowa, recently from PA by way of VT.

morris-code

Jan 18, 2014
VH, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I've just been bit by the detecting bug! I happenned to stumble across a link for this site and after lurking a few days and reading everything, I can honestly say, spring thaw can not arrive fast enough!

My current hobby(archery) has kept me busy for 20+ years but I geuss I'm ready to experience something new. For my first detector I've settled on the Tesoro Compadre and looking forward to becoming a bit of a history buff as I research all the cool finds along the way - Happy Hunting!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Iowa for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from NY

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham Alabama, I wish you happy and safe hunting. Feel free to share tricks and tips. We look forward to seeing your cool finds.

OP
OP
M

morris-code

Jan 18, 2014
VH, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Iowa for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Thanks vpnavy for the link.
I haven't make contact with a club yet but I may have found someone from my area that I can detect with.

The snow here in the upper midwest is beginning to disappear and my new Tesoro Compadre is "chomping at the bit!"

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T'net. You can glean a lot of good information here. And don't be afraid to ask a question. Most of us are more than willing to help. I enjoy archery, also. I went backward, though. I started with a compound bow decades ago and am now down to one take-down re-curve and one stick bow, Plus I have some bow staves ready to put together to make another stick bow when I get the time/urge to get back out in the shop. If I can help in any way, just PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions