Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess it's warranted... SIX - yes - SIX bank robberies in my town in less than six months! Eight banks robbed here this year so far. I kid you not. My wife's CU robbed twice in two months...lots of banks in my town and NOT ONE security guard at any bank, for as long as I can remember. The keystone cops here (with the help of the FBI) have finally caught three of the perps this week. I have an uneasy feeling now if I go anywhere near a bank to crh or do any kind of banking business, it's totally out of hand here, just crazy!

Upvote 0

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not anti-gun, but I only see that as a liability.

That's one way to view it. I respect that view. Another way to view a firearm is that of a life-saving rescue tool. I am authorized to carry concealed. I carry daily. If I was in the bank while it was getting robbed, I would most likely be an armed eyewitness. However, I would be looking for cover, trying to move however I can to improve the "background", looking for lay-off crooks, etc. Carrying does not necessarily equate with using. At the risk of hijacking the thread, here is an interesting read on the subject:
On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs | The Daily Caller

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rushfan said:
That's one way to view it. I respect that view. Another way to view a firearm is that of a life-saving rescue tool. I am authorized to carry concealed. I carry daily. If I was in the bank while it was getting robbed, I would most likely be an armed eyewitness. However, I would be looking for cover, trying to move however I can to improve the "background", looking for lay-off crooks, etc. Carrying does not necessarily equate with using. At the risk of hijacking the thread, here is an interesting read on the subject:
On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs | The Daily Caller

Well said, Some people are comfortable being victims, I choose not to be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've said it before and I'll say it again. In this country, criminals have more rights than victims. I choose not to spend the rest of my life in prison for simply defending myself.

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. In this country, criminals have more rights than victims. I choose not to spend the rest of my life in prison for simply defending myself.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread