New site?...with different clue versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that's some really pretty stuff, Carrol...is that chalcopyrite, or bismuth in there?

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one I posted was from the Bully Bueno, the second from the Mammoth.

if I go to the rendezvous next time, i'll stop by the vein & knock off more pieces,
maybe Dave can make me something out of them?

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
I want some of those Dino Bone fossil 1911A1 grips he makes! Maybe with some sort of inlay with your ore in it? That would be purty slick.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want some of those Dino Bone fossil 1911A1 grips he makes! Maybe with some sort of inlay with your ore in it? That would be purty slick.

Dino Bone fossil 1911A1 grips? Handlebar grips?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
first off...alot of these fake carvings have been there for 100 plus years..you would never be able to tell if they are fake by looking at them...you need to think about this...nutjobs carve fake symbols and do fake maps to keep other hunters out of their area...this has been going on since people first heard of the ldm...and is still going on today...you have probably spent most of your time in the supers...where as alot of us here have been all over arizona and explored many different mountain ranges,,,and its no different there...you see the same type of scribbling on walls in every range...surely the stone maps aren't connected to those mountains too?

Please feel free to show me any instance of an elaborate treasure hoax that's not just on paper or light scratching.. preferably something that's comparable to what has been shown to you in these pages.

And no, I haven't spent my time just in the Supers.. Many other interesting places I've been to, in Arizona. Have you been to these places?

ruins.JPG ruins2.JPG

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Seriously, though...if the ancient people of the SW really carved large monolithic faces, numbers, etc. into the local landscape, why is there no archeological (or any branch of science) interest in such carvings? We have geoglyphs and petroglyphs...recognized by science...why would they ignore these large rock carvings?

While it is probably a pretty good likelihood that not many people have set eyes on what you're seeing in/around the Supes, I'm confident (seen 'em) that many such structures exist all over the SW...rocks that "look like" ancient carvings, some on a very large scale...yet there's no interest from science. May I suggest that's because some of theses structures have been studied by various scientists (geologists, archaeologists, etc) and determined to be merely natural formations? That no evidence of such structures being carved by ancient peoples has ever been found?

While I'm no expert, I've been to very many sites with ancient rock art. Without exception, here's what they look like:

As far as the Supers.. probably because of the degree of difficulty required to access these sites. I would wager that most scientists aren't hardcore hikers. Here's an interesting one from deep in the interiors of the Superstitions.

petro.JPG

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought you were talking motorcycle grips.....

I'll try to resist taking a dig at the peanut tank crowd, but.. here's the craziest grips I've ever seen. The trigger is actually the throttle, and you have to think his forefinger must be very sore after a long ride.

iu.jpeg

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the Supers.. probably because of the degree of difficulty required to access these sites. I would wager that most scientists aren't hardcore hikers. Here's an interesting one from deep in the interiors of the Superstitions.

View attachment 1726514

1,000 year old grafitti.....

In Washington, a representation of 75 year old grafitti once found all over Great Britain and Europe, a few examples of which, still remain to this day. If it wasn't already a part of modern recorded history, what could that tell an interested academic about those who created them, then left them behind ??

Attachments

• kilroy was here.jpg
    kilroy was here.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Deducer wrote
Please feel free to show me any instance of an elaborate treasure hoax that's not just on paper or light scratching.. preferably something that's comparable to what has been shown to you in these pages.

Well some would say that the Beale cipher is a massive hoax for one. Others would say that global warming/climate change is a massive hoax. It would not be prudent to rule out the possibility of a hoax with any kind of treasure map or treasure tale, the possibility is there for chicanery. It is hardly limited to treasure hunting - look at the Cardiff Giant for an example -who would pay a sculptor to literally carve a huge stone statue simply to make a fool out of someone? Yet it was done. Piltdown man is thought by some to have been a deliberate hoax as well.

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

PS thought perhaps I should add some to this post. Don't forget what Dave mentioned is a fact - since Americans arrived on the scene in the Superstitions, bored cowboys, treasure hunters and hikers have been making fake "signs" all over the place. Even Barry Storm got into the act, was seen making fake "Spanish signs on Blacktop, apparently to go along with his treasure books and articles.

Examples of elaborate hoaxes

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/damien-hirst-shipwreck_n_58ece936e4b0ca64d91959c0

[url]http://edition.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/east/04/20/thai.hoax/index.html

[/URL]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread