new vaquero today.

gw1952

Nov 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, E-TRAC
Just tried a vaquero today. School site, max sensitivity OK, dis. set 1 notch below nickles. I am used to id units how ever this is lighter and you soon get used to using only tones. Good depth, 6" was about the deepest I dug.
Pinpoint was right on. I would like to see no motion all metal mode and pinpoint tone changed, it sounds like a strangled duck. Other than that a very simple unit and ground balance was easy. This unit really loves nickles, Rings and small jewelry. Hope this helps someone.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only suggestion I would make is to turn down the sensitivity some if you get any feed back from your, "strangled duck."

Sandman

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Strangled duck!!!! I like that. I guess thats exactly what that sounds like!!!!! I hardly need to use the pinpoint button though. I find my Cibola is very accurate by just xing the target. I wish you the best!!!! Tesoros rock ;D
Greg

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got the vaquero yesterday... I set the ground balance and it was so easy that I thought I had done it wrong... anyway I have already found 23 cents and a piece of very old costume jewlry... I love it...

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
curbsweeper said:
i put together mine last night. it balanced fairly easy. i think i will like this as my first md. now if the ground will thaw out :'(
yea us too. the first three days I owned it the we had a terrible ice storm but we're back to normal now....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys all enjoying your new metal detectors make me wanna buy another one so I can play too. Soon it will thaw and we can get out. In the mean time I am enjoying reading thegoldenolde.com/

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
The only suggestion I would make is to turn down the sensitivity some if you get any feed back from your, "strangled duck."

Sandman
same here.. I rarely max sens unless i am in a field. i found that half dime under my name at a good depth with my sens set at 4 and the disc right below a nickle... If you want a little more depth after ground balance is set switch over to discr, then turn you gb knob up a few notches... beware if you try to pinpoint the machine will scream...so no pp when doing this.. to be honest I hardly ever use pp.... just my 2cts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread