Newb from Franklin Co Va

Dec 30, 2015
Franklin County, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
While doing some research to see if any civil war stuff happened in my area I kept getting linked to this page. After reading some of the information it seemed like this was a decent group of guys an gals. I just got my first detector for Christmas (Bounty Hunter) and have already started the quest of looking for lands to hunt. I'm mostly interested in Civil war stuff but since nothing happened in my area (at least nothing documented) I turned to my second interest coins and relics. Hoping to get a settlers map from the historical society in my town and figure out where some old homesteads were and hopefully get permission from the landowner to hunt. Haven't had too good of luck so far, got turned down to detect around an old church and a guy who owns some farm land my grandpa use to own hasn't givin me a call yet. Hopin to get into this thing if it'll ever stop raining and start finding some good stuff and possibly hook up with some fellow relic hunters in my area.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet. You're local, I'm at Buffalo Ridge in Patrick County, near Woolwine and Fairystone Park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread