nice little half dollar score.

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stopped at a bank this morning that is in a small town in the mountains. bought all the halves they had. ( 8 rolls) three of the rolls had dates on them. one was 1972 and one was 1974 and thats what was in them. so the third roll was labeled 1966,1967, and 1968. and ..... you guessed it, that was exactly what was in it. 17- 1966 1- 1967 2- 1968. the other 5 rolls that were not labeled were dumpers. the most i have ever got in a roll was 3 silvers. needless to say i am happy. keep looking there is still some out there. h.h.

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I've found solid rolls before, only ever found one roll I think that was actually labeled with silver dates.. Surprising that tellers don't snag those one's. Either way, good score!

OP
OP
R

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unknowlegable tellers
yes some are, but i was at a different bank a week ago dumping 20 rolls of halves and the teller knew exactly what i was doing. so i asked him if the bank let them pick out collectable coins. he said, yes they do we just buy them. i suspected as much at this bank thats why i dump there. h.h.

OP
OP
R

rex

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I've found solid rolls before, only ever found one roll I think that was actually labeled with silver dates.. Surprising that tellers don't snag those one's. Either way, good score!
thanks, i am going back to that bank again tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions