Night dig.

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped out at the lake tonight so I hit the beach with my at pro. The water is way down but still the beach was slim picking. Got a few coins but nothing good. After about an hour I headed up the beach to try the lawn area up above. Sometimes they do movies on one of those inflatable screens. There's a concrete retaining wall about three foot tall where the Bermuda begins and after climbing the stairs off the beach I decided to give it a swing right there above the wall. Beneath the grass was very sandy so I was thinking its possible it was also beach at one time. About 15 targets in the emerald frog set in gold with small diamonds set all the way around and a larger one at top where the chain would have been. I was stoked! Noticed that the pendant wasn't broken so I continued the search for the chain that would have held the frog but it didn't turn up. Not two holes later and less than two feet away I found the small religious pendant. Jesus on the one side and Mary on the other. Some small writing but I can't make it out without magnification. I'd guess 14k on the frog and 10k on the religious charm just based on color.

Haven't been digging enough lately with the muggy GA heat but I'm sure glad I hit it tonight.

Attachments

• image-518469792.jpg
    image-518469792.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 119
  • image-3440748186.jpg
    image-3440748186.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 5

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two gold in one night! That's incredible...I think the frog is carved jade, maybe you already knew that. Congrats!

OP
OP
Blskypilot

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah I think your right on the jade. My first thought was green and emerald but yup it looks like jade. The dirt gods definitely threw one my way. I was hoping for a ring or some silver and after finding nothing on the beach this was a nice score

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jade can be worth it's weight in gold if it is jadeite and not the more common nephrite jade. Color and clarity matter just like a diamond... Get a couple different opinions.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet gold !

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Your golden frog and pendant are BEAUTIFUL! Jade is one of my fave stones, especially when natural creatures or plants are included in jewelry. And you found jade, gold and diamonds all in one piece, WOW. HH Andi

OP
OP
Blskypilot

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it'll matter as to the value. As soon as the wife saw it i think she claimed it for her own lol but thanks for the info. I'm not too knowledgeable as to jade or gems other than diamonds so thx for the correct identity.

Thx for the comments everyone nice being able to share the good stuff with people who get it. It ain't always junk down there!

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Blskypilot

Blskypilot

Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Infinium ls
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DaleGM said:
nice score on the gold Blskypilot, heres a little info on your frog..........The History of the Chinese Jade Sitting Frog | eHow.com

Thanks for the info Dale. Maybe I ought to glue it right on the control box of my at pro then!

I checked out eBay and was surprised to see some one or two between 400 and 700 or so. Mine appears to be on the high end of that scale just looking at size, weight, diamonds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread