What's new

No coins but nice ring !!

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
1,154
Reaction score
2,556
Golden Thread
2
Location
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone hope you are all out swinging in this great fall,weather I know I am
I got out for a scouting trip of a site I will hunt tomorrow with a few fellow t net guys I've met
I was trying to find find an old British fort from the rev war ( I found it ) it was not lost I just followed the maps and there it was. I was near it last week but today I found the site.
I only had an hour to hunt and only one keeper find but it's nice. An old ring with a big blue stone ? Any help would be great. In the way of style age ? It says sterling and what I think s a mark inside the band. Thanks for reading HH gl.
Eastcoast image.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 24
Wow - beautiful ring. Looks like early 19thC - the word "Sterling" was first used in American silver around 1800. Can you give any additional details on the other mark? Congratulations!
 
That is a nice ring and it looks old too. Good find for sure!
 
That's a beautiful ring Charlie! Looks 1800s to me--hoping someone here can narrow down the timeframe a bit better. Looking forward to meeting you and Bart tomorrow. :thumbsup:
 
That ring is gorgeous!!! An antique for sure,...well done!
 
That is more than nice ring! :thumbsup:
And, yes I would agree with deepsecrets it looks by appearance to be 1800's.
It is definitely not Avon!

If you do some reading on the jewelry of the time it will tell you about the common designs in rings.
 
Great ring, and it looks old to me
 
Nice ring ! :occasion14:Why no pictures of front view after cleaning?
 
Congrats on pulling that silver ring. I agree with the others that it is from the 19th century
 
Wow.....awesome ring!! I would have fainted pulling that beauty up! I love the fact that the root grew through it and kept it safe for you to find a hundred or so years later! :laughing7: Great job and give us an update on more details!
 
Stunning, vintage, and beautiful. That is a great find, congratulations. Sub8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom